Author Topic: How to automaitcally fix file paths on playlists  (Read 1016 times)

blackwood

I moved some files around in windows and now my playlists have tons of exclamation marks "file is missing" although it's porperly detected on the library, there are too many files to manually locate each one...

Is there a fix for my problem?  :-\

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
This has been discussed a lot of times on the forum. Did a search not turn up anything?

I'm sure there's an answer somewhere here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=34412.0
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

blackwood

Unfortunately none of the methods fixed my issue, my music is split into 4 drives, the locate missing files function seem to only search in one of the drives...

The Incredible Boom Boom

Unfortunately, this is probably going to the be the route you'll need to take.

I tried phred's method, but so far I haven't gotten any results. Please forgive me, I've never used Notepad++
I manually replaced the text for a couple of songs in the M3U file in the text editor, from '\Music\Example Artist\Example Song' to 'D:\Music\Music\Example Artist\Example Song' but the few songs I tried that with still aren't linking properly in the imported test playlist I made.