Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104981 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I mean after editing the post
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No worries, I'll see if it happens again later.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

That happens when you access the menu from inside any thread (i.e. while you're reading something). Not only that but you can't access dashboard or profile button either. If you come out of the thread, then it's working fine.

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find a way to get to my PMs. I don't want to send a new one. I want to review or look for one that I received. I expected it to be in the filter drop-down, but it's not there. So where is it?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
click the bell icon on the top right by your picture
Bingo! Thanks Steven.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The way certain buttons only show up on mouseover is okay for the desktop version of the site, where the mouse is naturally going to cause that to happen.  But on the mobile version, it really looks like the buttons don't exist.  You have to actually click on a post to make them appear.  Is there any hope of fixing this?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

That happens when you access the menu from inside any thread (i.e. while you're reading something). Not only that but you can't access dashboard or profile button either. If you come out of the thread, then it's working fine.

This is still happening.  As redwing says, it happens on the user profile side, too.  You can get the Dashboard link if you mouse over it very carefully so you don't trigger the user menu.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Should I still be posting in the other thread?

Anyway, one more little thing I've noticed.  The "new" button on the dark skin still has a light background:

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

AvikB

Should I still be posting in the other thread? Anyway, one more little thing I've noticed. The "new" button on the dark skin still has a light background:

I haven't upgraded those images yet. Will do it later. :S

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't see any way to log in (or out) on the mobile version. Everything else is a million times better than the previous forum version on mobile (which was essentially non-existent.) On the new version I see where I can register, but I don't see log in/out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

I don't see any way to log in (or out) on the mobile version. Everything else is a million times better than the previous forum version on mobile (which was essentially non-existent.) On the new version I see where I can register, but I don't see log in/out.
you have to click on the main menu icon. then scroll down to see the log out.

I have tested the site on my devices but there might be few bugs(even site breaking ones), report back if you find any more.

the new forum is only 80% mobile compatible. To be fair it was never designed for modern web, i had to make some major changes to support it. So don't expect the forum to work flawlessly. The rest of the side should work just fine.

phred

• Global Moderator
you have to click on the main menu icon. then scroll down to see the log out.
Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to try scrolling. I had previously opened the main menu, but (apparently) never thought to scroll down.

I have tested the site on my devices but there might be few bugs(even site breaking ones), report back if you find any more.

the new forum is only 80% mobile compatible. To be fair it was never designed for modern web, i had to make some major changes to support it. So don't expect the forum to work flawlessly. The rest of the side should work just fine.
That was the only issue I've run into. Even at 80% compatibility it's a million percent better than what we had.

Thanks AvikB.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

AvikB, i've noticed that tag [size = 1] works fine for me, but tag [size = 2] just doesn't change anything at all. haven't tried other text sizes.