Author Topic: micro sd card on a phone  (Read 3698 times)

phoenix1971

i'm new to musicbee and i think its fantastic,however my question is i'm trying to send some music to a micro sd card on my phone ,it sees the phone memory ,but does not want to see the sd card ,and at the moment i'm unable to sync the tunes up, any advise? cheers in advance

theta_wave

Welcome to the forums,

Syncing directly to my Samsung Galaxy S5 has never worked for me here or on Mediamonkey on either Android Marshmallow or Lollypop versions because the file transfer protocol Android uses (MTP) just plain sucks.  Well, syncing my phone sometimes works on Mediamonkey as well as sometimes trashing my entire collection on my microsd.  Now, all I do is to take the microsd out of my phone, place it into its caddy and slot it into my computer's sdcard slot.  With this setup Musicbee syncs my music reliably and quickly, whereas Mediamonkey seems to have the same habit of trashing my collection now and then.  Yeah it sucks that we have to go through this, but whenever I pine for the iPhone I quickly remind myself the mess that is iTunes.  Hope this helps.

phoenix1971

thanks for getting back to me ,and i thought that would be the answer,i never had a problem with syncing with mediamonkey,it just was processor heavy for some reason,and itunes just sucks lol,thanks again

Aevaris

And don't forget all the other evil that is Apple (iTunes is damn near a virus), iPhones just are not as good as Galaxy devices (Galaxy devices have better screens, more PPI, and better cameras, etc), they break easier, and they are far more costly to repair.

phoenix1971

well ive taken the sd card out,and its found it,but its only sent 7 tracks to the card ,and just says syncing,and thats it , and i cant see any reason why its frozen

theta_wave

Which version of Musicbee are you using? What files/playlists have you set to sync?  Did you configure the right device profile?  By frozen, I guess you never see the "synchronization is complete" message on the status bar.  From my experience, I believe the best practice is to click preview before syncing.  If everything for the most part looks correct, then I click the sync button.

phoenix1971

i'm using the latest version ,and yeah it found the right sd card no problem at all, and yeah it just says its syncing ,but has only put 7 tracks on to the card ,as for playlists ,just general assorted music that ive done myself

theta_wave

Without more information, I don't know what your issue is other than you're possibly syncing a playlist containing only seven songs, meaning MB is working as intended.  Remember a picture is worth a thousand words: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

For image hosters, I like imgbox.com because you can make 350x350px previews of your pics (as seen below) that are embedded in the resulting bbcode.

For myself, MB reports I have over 9,000 songs from selected autoplaylists to sync:

And my setup to sync my microsd is pretty vanilla:

Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:47:57 AM by ssri

phoenix1971

no the playlists that i have are totalling over 500 tracks ,but i started with 1 playlist with 60 tracks in to test it ,and still wouldnt sync

theta_wave

When you hit preview, does it list more than 7 songs?  Is your microsd full?  You can check for any error messages under help > view error log: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Help_Menu

You can also try setting up a virtual device (Preferences > Devices > Add Virtual Device), basically a device profile pointing to a directory on your HDD. This can be used to help determine whether the playlist sync issue lies with MB itself, your device configuration or something related to your system.

I cannot add anything specific because there's really not much to go on from your replies.
Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:20:24 PM by ssri