Author Topic: Playlist after adding library  (Read 2506 times)

amura11

I recently decided to give MusicBee a try and I'm really liking it but I'm having issues with playlist being automatically generated (? or something) from the folders in my library. My library is setup such that each album is in it's own folder and then each song on that album is in that folder. Eg.

Root
+---Album 1
       +---Song 1
       +---Song 2
+---Album 2
       +---Song 1
       +---Song 2

Etc.

In the playlists section I have an empty playlist for each one of theses folders in my library. I checked and I don't see any physical playlist file that would be creating these. I've tried deleting them but they just come back when I restart. I can't find anything in the settings that would explain this.

This wouldn't be much of an issues except that I have 100+ albums and thus 100+ playlists and if I try to create a new static playlist the program hangs because it's trying to load so many playlists into a context menu.

What's going on? Any help would be really appreciated!

redwing

Can you post a screenshot (upload a picture to www.imgur.com and post the link) of the playlist section in the left navigator?

redwing

What's your current library playlists folder setting under Preferences> Library?

amura11

redwing

No idea why such empty playlists are created if you have no physical m3u files in that folder.
Anyway try "B:\music\playlists" to see if that works. If that doesn't work either, try the default setting "\Playlists" or any folder other than your network share unless you have to keep them on it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee will treat all the folders it finds in your playlist directory as playlist folders.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened here.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

MusicBee will treat all the folders it finds in your playlist directory as playlist folders.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened here.

That makes sense. Hence they are all empty.