Author Topic: Small bug: cannot minimize compact player to tray  (Read 3578 times)

Impayable2

As I found out, if MusicBee is set to minimize to the notification tray and you try to minimize the compact player using a global hotkey it will only minimize it to the taskbar. The full player works fine though.

Steven

• Administrator
the compact player has never supported minimise to the notification tray (try just using the minimise button - its the same as the hotkey)
This would need to go on the wishlist

Impayable2

Maybe it was not intended as a feature, but in version 2.x the compact player would always minimize to the notification tray if that was in the settings, so perhaps that was an unintended regression in 3.x.
It has been doing that for 2 years for me at least, judging by the fact that almost exactly 2 years ago I reported another minor bug connected to minimization ( http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12980.0 ) and since that version until 3.x both the full and compact players would minimize to the notification tray without any issues at all.

Well, if that's not a bug I'll just stick with 2.x for the time being.

Impayable2

Posting in this topic instead of creating a new one because the problem is the same.

Using MusicBee 3.0.6129
The Compact Player Layout has the "minimize to" option, but even when it's set to "Notification tray" minimizing the window only minimizes the compact player to the taskbar.

phred

• Global Moderator
As Steven said back in June, it's not supported and would need to go on the Wishlist for consideration.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Impayable2

What do you mean it's not supported? What is this option then?

Steven

• Administrator
the bug is i forgot to remove the option from that panel.
I might add it back in for v3.1 but i recall it isnt straight-forward so not promising to do it

Steven

• Administrator