Author Topic: Auto-playlist stops adding songs if they've ever been manually removed  (Read 3790 times)

Aevaris

Hi,

I'm a recent WinAMP convert and I absolutely love MusicBee. I can't say enough good things about it or express what good things you have done with its creation and support.

I tried to search to see if this exists, so I apologize if this is a duplicate report. I'm running the latest version as of 6/1 (3.0.5996).

I've found myself occasionally frustrated with Auto Playlists. The main thing is that they stop autoing tracks, even if they meet the criteria of the list, if they've ever been removed manually.

E.g. I have an autoplaylist for all songs >= 3 stars. I accidentally manually add a song to my auto-playlist that isn't 3 stars (I don't feel like you should be able to do that either, but not strong enough to call it a bug as I'm sure its a feature for some), realize I've accidentally added it, and then delete it from the playlist. If I later mark that song I deleted as 3 stars, it will not ever be added to my auto-playlist. I have to make a new autoplaylist with the same rules to get my song there.

redwing

Open edit panel for the auto-playlist and click on "Remove Files" button. There you can clear songs.

Aevaris

Ha, didn't even know that button did that. Thanks for the quick response, that fixes my problem and can consider this fixed.

*face desk* for spending way too much time duplicating my playlists, lol... thanks again!

verm71

I believe I may have found a bug with this feature.  

If I have an auto playlist and I delete a song from it, selecting to also delete the file (and by consequence also removing it from the library), should it get added to the "Remove Files" button's list at all?  I mean, if it's not even in my library any more, why should it be added to the Removed Files list at all?  The Auto Playlist wouldn't show it if it's not longer in the library.  Is it not redundant to also add it to the Remove Files button's list?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought this had been fixed at one point, because I was having a similar problem.  I agree, if the file is removed from the disk there's no point in adding to the Remove Files list.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

verm71

I'm running v3.1.6275 and when I delete a file (using the "remove from library and delete the file from my computer" option) from an Auto Playlist, the file still appears under "Delete Items" button of that auto playlist's properties.  Let me know if there's something I can do on my end to help you troubleshoot this, if you need it.

Steven

• Administrator

verm71

Checking it out now.  Avast is having a fit with it.  I have to put it on my ignore exclusions.

verm71

Unfortunately that didn't fix it.  I'm afraid the subject heading matching the actual problem only indirectly may confuse the issue. 

I have an Auto Playlist looking for all tracks in my collection rated as "bomb".  I highlight all the tracks in that playlist, hit "delete" key, and opt to also delete the file from my computer.  The files are stored in a UNC path to my NAS (e.g. \\nas1.local\music\somealbum\10.Track I don't care to keep").  While they do disappear and are in fact deleted, as I expected, they also appear in the "Remove Files" button in the auto-playlist

Would it be best to open a fresh topic so as to not confuse it with OP's issue?

Steven

• Administrator
yep, that way of deleting also wasnt fixed. It is now for the next update