Author Topic: Allow thumbnail browser to filter into horizontal column browser  (Read 2449 times)

ConXept

First of all, I'd like to thank all the developers for allowing users to make requests on an already wonderful application.  Secondly, it would be great if we can allow the thumbnail browser to filter into the horizontal column browser.  I understand we can already do this with the library explorer, but the thumbnail browser is so much more aesthetically pleasing.  Thank you again.

redwing

+1

It doesn't really make sense that thumbnail browser still gets filtered by horizontal column browser when it is placed even on the left sidebar.
My suggestion is make thumbnail browser filtering into horizontal column browser when it's placed either on the left sidebar or on the left main panel, and getting filtered by horizontal column browser only when it's placed on the main panel.

ConXept

+1

I agree with redwing's approach to solving the issue. It seems like a great solution, and should not be detrimental to any user's experience.

Steven

• Administrator
i think the behaviour of the thumb browser is historical in that in older MB versions it was docked inside the main panel as a child of the horizontal column browsers panel.
With v3, it now it occupies the entire left main panel so the behavior doesnt make as much sense anymore. I think i will change the behavior such that the column browsers are filtered by the thumb browser if the thumb browser is docked in the left sidebar/ left main panel.
If the thumb browser is docked in the main panel then the column browsers would continue to filter the thumb browser as now

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed the behavior however at least for when the thumb browser is in the left main panel and column browser is horizontal, i might change the behavior back if it causes confusion. I am happy for the new behavior when the thumb browser is in the left sidebar

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:23:43 PM by Steven