Author Topic: a solution for visabilty issues with 'selected' icons?  (Read 2315 times)

hiccup

This is an observation on something that has been a skinning challenge from the early days of MusicBee.
When an icon has transparency values and colours that match/collide with highlight colours of selected fields (and also on active tabs), these icons can loose their recognizability.

There are probably a few possible solutions for this, such as perhaps alternative icon options for 'selected', or some inverted 'masking' feature?
Or maybe a skinning option to make the (16x16?) area of the tab or the selection bar where the icon is positioned transparent?

Steven

• Administrator
the easiest thing would be for MB to allow you to specify a mask colour that has alpha and MB applies to the non-transparent bits of the image.
I would have to try it and see how well that works. Otherwise every icon would probably need an alternative for when selected but i would prefer the first approach.
Can you put this on the 3.1 skinning requests topic, along with any other requests that have been posted on other topics

hiccup

That solution would be fine with me. Even a little improvement on the current situation would probably be sufficient.

I will re-post this in the 3.1 thread. But I am not sure I understand why. Does that mean this board is not to be used anymore, and will be locked? Or is the 3.1 board a temporary one only to be used until 3.1 is released?