Author Topic: Skip Count Threshold  (Read 1828 times)

Poofox

The way the skip count +1 option (now playing prefs) works is completely counter-intuitive for me.  Most often I'm skipping a song just to find one I want to hear or because there is too much silence/crap at the start or end, and in either case don't want it adding to the skip count.  But with the current system, I get unwanted skip counts regardless of what value I enter, since immediately skipping a track will always be less than the percentage it takes to decide I don't want to hear it.  

Almost seems like it should be a more than value rather than a less than value, except this also wouldn't work for both scenarios.  The only time I'd want to add to the skip count (for use in filters) is if I'm skipping because I don't like it and I'm never going to decide that at the very start or end.

What I would propose is a 2 slider system based on the length of the song, where skip count is only affected when skipping somewhere in the middle of the song, just not the very start or toward the end.

Thanks for your consideration and of course for providing a great piece of software!
Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:37:52 AM by Poofox

Poofox

Pretty please?  Or if someone can explain the reasoning behind the current system I could at least stop being so annoyed with it.