Author Topic: Tab problems and annoyances WERE actually a bug...  (Read 2211 times)

peewee678

Hi Steven,

BUG AND (!) ANNOYANCES BELOW SOLVED!!! Thanks a lot again Steven!

I really like the new tab functionality, thanks for that but I just discovered, what started as an annoyance is actually a bug...

First my annoyance: when more than a few tabs are open they get very small/narrow). This degrades the UX a lot (IMO) because I have really no idea what's behind several tabs which renders them almost useless (sorry if I'm being a bit harsh here but that's how I experience it).

Now for the bug:  half of my screen width is now filled with tabs but even if I open up a dozen or so extra, they won't take up more space: the last tabs (even if it's a dozen or more) take up only about 20 pixels space. In other words: they overlap all (!) in the space of about one small folder icon all in the center of the tab bar (with the closing "x" mangled up in it). The plus sign (new tab) also stays exactly center screen from that point on.

It's as if you accidentally designed the whole thing for screens with only half the size of a normal HD screen (1920 wide). I'm not saying that's the case but that's how the tab bar behaves. If you're not abkle to reproduce this bug, I'll gladly provide you a screenshot.

Note: just tried an older v3.0 version and als the latest with a deleted settings file: same results.

original screen size: is 1920px wide, image is resized

Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:27:36 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

peewee678

Thanks Steven, here's a link to my current settings (I'd like to add: if I delete my settings (and startup settings) it's exactly the same).
http://pastebin.com/SgjBqXhq   (expires in 24 hours)
Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 06:42:23 PM by peewee678

Steven

• Administrator
there is a bug with the tabs bar spacing when you configure command buttons to show separately from the tabs bar. Thats fixed for the next update

peewee678

Good to hear. That means I don't have to build everything from scratch (I did a lot of customizing). Thanks a lot!

EDIT (1 minute later): You already uploaded the patch. OMG :-) Problem fixed. Wow!
Time for another dollar :-)