Author Topic: Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization  (Read 2549 times)

rurutia10

I would love it if Steven included this option in Musicbee 3.0. It's the solution to anyone getting silences at the start of tracks, or cracks and pops with USB audio devices.

"Some hardware requires a lead time from when a signal is delivered to when sound is produced. This option allows outputting leading silence so no actual sound is lost in these cases. Note that this option is only in effect in two cases - at the first playback after the program starts, and between tracks with different sample rates. This silence will not be played between tracks with the same sample rate. "

^Jriver has this option, but I'm not gonna switch because I love Musicbee, and I guess I'll deal with silence at the start of tracks for now..
Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:53:08 AM by rurutia10

shake

Completely agree with this.
If using AV amplifier and HDMI audio output, AV amplifier requires lead time for recognizing what data format was received (e.g. PCM, DTS, Dolby Digital) when sound is produced.

MusicBee 3.0 has already had "add silence to end of each track" option, it would be loved if "add silence to beginning of each track" option added.

foobar2000 has foo_dsp_silence plugin for same purpose, but I'm not gonna switch because I love Musicbee too :)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Some wireless headsets have this limitation as well, only turning on the amp when signal is detected which could take several seconds. It wouldn't be needed after the first track begins, otherwise it would screw with gapless playback.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6