Author Topic: Audio cutting out after Musicbee plays  (Read 6426 times)

PancakePenguin

When I open musicbee and play music then I play sound on another tab like Chrome or even sounds from the windows system and try to play something theres no sound even when stopping musicbee. The only way to get sound back is to restart the windows audio service.  So I'm guessing it crashes the audio every time I play music on musicbee since just all sound stops. I've been using musicbee for months an never had this problem till a few days ago

phred

• Global Moderator
Sounds like whatever output you have MB set to use is taking exclusive control and then not releasing it.  Try switching to DirectSound output.  Edit > Preferences > Player > audio player > output
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

PancakePenguin

PancakePenguin

Sounds like whatever output you have MB set to use is taking exclusive control and then not releasing it.  Try switching to DirectSound output.  Edit > Preferences > Player > audio player > output
Okay after exhausting my options I've pinpointed the problem to be MB. I tried different outputs but they yield the same result. Any idea to fix MB from taking exclusive control?

iFlip92

I also have the same problem! It cuts out my iTunes and everything. I've tested a couple of scenarios none of which have been favorable. MusicBee is just not releasing control of the output device even after closing it. This needs updating ASAP! I have to go into my playback device and check or uncheck "Disable all enhancements" then click apply to restore audio.

What is really F-ed up is that Youtube videos won't even play after this happens as well. iTunes seek bar is also frozen even though the play button is in the engaged position same as Youtube. Any videos I try to play with Windows Media Player have no sound but the video channel still plays as normal which is bizarre. I don't know about you guys but this is pretty close to being a complete software failure for me!

PS: Using Windows 10 if that makes any difference.
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:12:47 AM by iFlip92

PancakePenguin

I also have the same problem! It cuts out my iTunes and everything. I've tested a couple of scenarios none of which have been favorable. MusicBee is just not releasing control of the output device even after closing it. This needs updating ASAP! I have to go into my playback device and check or uncheck "Disable all enhancements" then click apply to restore audio.

What is really F-ed up is that Youtube videos won't even play when this happens as well. iTunes seek bar is also still even though the play button is in the engaged position.
I haven't been able to find a solution yet either. Are you using the 3.0 beta?

iFlip92

No sir. The 2.5.5804 Stable release. What are you outputting to? I doubt it matters but I guess any scrap of info might help get this sorted. I have a FiiO x5 being used as a DAC.

I just tried with WASAPI. Same results.
Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:28:00 AM by iFlip92

PancakePenguin

No sir. The 2.5.5804 Stable release. What are you outputting to? I doubt it matters but I guess any scrap of info might help get this sorted. I have a FiiO x5 being used as a DAC.

I just tried with WASAPI. Same results.
I'm outputting to a skullcandy gmx stereo transmitter.

iFlip92

Bump. This needs looking at. Can this be forwarded to the developer? I tried the new Beta (MusicBee 3.0.5865) and still has the same issue.

PS: As per the Bug Report sticky, please find my settings file at the following link:
https://mega.nz/#!7gwXjSQY!j9k400cFs_F8WBBAfKjoDpDK0kYe8CLO3b2I8QfMzgk
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:56:24 AM by iFlip92

Steven

• Administrator
ASIO and WASPI are exclusive. With DirectSound, output devices can be shared