Author Topic: Choose formats to convert when syncing player  (Read 3906 times)

9cupsoftea

I have a sansa clip which can pretty much play anything except m4a files. Sometimes podcasts or other files I download are in that format, and there's no option to just convert m4a files without converting everything (flac, ogg, etc) to mp3.

It would be nice to choose just those formats which are incompatible to be converted when syncing, as many players usually have just one or two that they can't play (some ipods can't play flac, for example).

hiccup

Something related was brought up here:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16583.0
So it seems a valid issue to maybe be looked at.

For the meanwhile, may I suggest that you consider installing RockBox on your Sansa?
You will be amazed what that little Sansa then is capable of, and it then also will play m4a lossy and lossless.
It will feel like having a new player...

9cupsoftea

I've used rockbox for a while and to be honest, I really didn't like it. Some of the extra features are cool, but the menus and navigation were so poor, I though, no matter which theme I tried. I think the stock firmware is much more usable and cleaner. Maybe I will give it another shot, though.

hiccup

Ok, I can understand what you mean.
I do remember now having done some tweaking with theme's, fonts etc. myself before I liked it enough.

Hopefully Steven will be able to address your wish.