Author Topic: [WEBSITE v2] MusicBee website and forum redesign  (Read 556851 times)

redwing

if you are refering to a link on the downloads page to the latest patch

No, I'm just suggesting adding a link on forum menu to the latest patch thread (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0) because many users don't seem to know about it. Then it would look like this:

AvikB

if you are refering to a link on the downloads page to the latest patch
No, I'm just suggesting adding a link on forum menu to the latest patch thread (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0) because many users don't seem to know about it. Then it would look like this
I can provide a link to the download page. Something like:

I am not sure about latest patch. Steven is right about the patch concept, it is confusing serving a installer and both patch.

The main issue with most of the people are that their MusicBee installation is outdated and their issue is fixed in newer version. 
I still have my doubt that providing a link for latest download will solve anything at all.
The best way to handle patch related issues or simply to keep musicbee upto date would be to provide a notification on user's desktop. Maybe it could even auto download patch and apply it :S, but for me the update NEVER worked. I don't know how musicbee's update system work but improving this would be a major step. Maybe something to consider for MusicBee v3.1

redwing

If that's linked to the download page, it won't be needed at all, with DOWNLOAD menu just above it.
I'll leave this to Steven.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ AvikB
I'm sure that polls where available in the test site.  Did they get turned off for the live site?
I thought they would have been a great way to track threads in the wishlist.

An automated response poll with 4 options:
  • Yes - I would use this option
  • Undecided - I may/may not use this option
  • No - I would not use this option
  • Not Applicable - This doesn't effect the way I use MusicBee

And voting could only run for a maximum of 3 months
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

@ AvikB I'm sure that polls where available in the test site. Did they get turned off for the live site? I thought they would have been a great way to track threads in the wishlist. An automated response poll with 4 options:
  • Yes - I would use this option
  • Undecided - I may/may not use this option
  • No - I would not use this option
  • Not Applicable - This doesn't effect the way I use MusicBee
And voting could only run for a maximum of 3 months
i think Steven forget to turned it on. Ask him, he should be able to activate polls from forum admin center.

Bee-liever

i think Steven forget to turned it on. Ask him, he should be able to activate polls from forum admin center.
thanks  :)  will ask Steven as suggested

Bee-liever

Thank you, Steven.
I didn't even have to send a PM or anything  ;D

AvikB

AvikB, when new version will be online?
I don't have any ETA. It is mostly done(function wise), but there are still few things i need to do before it is ready for a proper release. Maybe end of this year.

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven & AvikB...

At the risk of opening up a can of worms, please take a look at this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20350.0

This is not the first time a new user has complained about the initial install of MB not looking anything like what's featured on the website home page. This particular users points out that upon installation, both the default skin and the default layout are not what was expected based on the home page image.

I think either the default skin and layout should be used on the home page or a disclaimer should appear directly underneath the image. Something like "Image above uses a custom skin (skin name) and a user-customized layout."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i certainly wouldnt want to constrain the skin or musicbee layout used in the website. In any case i think it already shows a variety of skins used so i am guessing the real issue is the user didnt know how to configure MusicBee to show the artwork layout.
Personally i am happy to NOT have any disclaimer, after all there are presumably thousands of people who see the page and dont have any issues.

phred

• Global Moderator
Personally i am happy to NOT have any disclaimer, after all there are presumably thousands of people who see the page and dont have any issues.
Yes, I think that's probably a very valid statement. I withdraw my concern.  :-)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Could there perhaps be some technical issue with the forum?

With cleartype disabled on my system, the fonts suddenly are very ugly again.
It looks like something might be broken in presenting the replacement fonts in case of 'cleartype=disabled'.

Perhaps somebody could confirm this?
(There also have been some updates from both Windows 10 and Firefox today, so I am not sure what might cause this)

To give an impression how it looks with cleartype off (2x enlarged):