Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 291737 times)

Iasc

it depends where you click and its different to the error you reported before. In any case it should be fixed for the next update

Problem solved. Thanks Steven.
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:18:44 AM by iasc

hiccup

Is there an element, or an icon overrule for setting the check ticks in the Configure Layout panel?

redwing

Not sure this could be an easy fix for v3.0. If not, I'll add it to v3.1 skin wishlist:
Currently if a skin is using a custom node icon override, all other default icons need to be supplied in skin files even though they will be available from MB.
Try any Pastels or Dark-Fine Tuned skin.
Would it be possible the skin doesn't have to supply the same default icons for Bookmark, Podcast, Audiobooks, Radio, inbox, Video, History, Upcoming Release nodes?
If it doesn't supply those, playlist, auto-dj, now playing icons won't respect their icon overrides. I found that podcast icon needs to be added to make them work. But then all other nodes don't show any icons.

hiccup

The playing/selected button draws it background colour automated. (I think)
When the childheader bar has a subtle gradient, that results in a strange differentiating gradient for that button.

Therefor this is a request for an overrule element for it.

sleepless

"Controls.SliderButton.Default" no longer works. Specifically, the button for the artwork size slider used to display the bg color, but no longer does. I don't know of other areas this element was used.

hiccup

"Controls.SliderButton.Default" no longer works. Specifically, the button for the artwork size slider used to display the bg color, but no longer does. I don't know of other areas this element was used.

I happen to be doing some skinning right now, and this one works for that:
id="Content[Artwork].HeaderControl.Default"

Steven

• Administrator
Not sure this could be an easy fix for v3.0. If not, I'll add it to v3.1 skin wishlist:
Currently if a skin is using a custom node icon override, all other default icons need to be supplied in skin files even though they will be available from MB.
Try any Pastels or Dark-Fine Tuned skin.
Would it be possible the skin doesn't have to supply the same default icons for Bookmark, Podcast, Audiobooks, Radio, inbox, Video, History, Upcoming Release nodes?
If it doesn't supply those, playlist, auto-dj, now playing icons won't respect their icon overrides. I found that podcast icon needs to be added to make them work. But then all other nodes don't show any icons.
i am a bit surprised that you are finding this to be the case and they should all be indendent ie. if not supplied then the default is used. I am not sure of the point you are making with this: "Try any Pastels or Dark-Fine Tuned skin." They all look fine to me.
Perhaps your test skin had an error in one of the elements that caused the skin load to abort and the remaining icons not load (check the error log)

Steven

• Administrator
the artwork slider button now uses an auto-generated colours because its in a context menu
looking at the code its using:
Content[Artwork].HeaderControl.Default
not sure if i advertised that

Controls.SliderButton.Default is still used in panels such as the auto-dj

edit:
i see hiccup already answered this!

Steven

• Administrator
The playing/selected button draws it background colour automated. (I think)
When the childheader bar has a subtle gradient, that results in a strange differentiating gradient for that button.

Therefor this is a request for an overrule element for it.
this should be added to the 3.1 skinning requests topic

Steven

• Administrator
Is there an element, or an icon overrule for setting the check ticks in the Configure Layout panel?
no its auto-generated. Please add to the 3.1 skinning requests if you need this

redwing

i am a bit surprised that you are finding this to be the case and they should all be indendent ie. if not supplied then the default is used. I am not sure of the point you are making with this: "Try any Pastels or Dark-Fine Tuned skin." They all look fine to me.
Perhaps your test skin had an error in one of the elements that caused the skin load to abort and the remaining icons not load (check the error log)

Not sure how you tested it but they currently look fine because they have all the default icons supplied. Did you test it with those listed icons (Bookmarks, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Radio, inbox, Video, History, Upcoming Releases) removed from the skin? There's no error logged.

[edit] This will show the issue more clearly (Azure skin):

1. Current
2. When those 8 default icons are removed from the skin file
3. When only Podcasts icon is supplied among those 8 icons
Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:43:51 PM by redwing

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
no its auto-generated. Please add to the 3.1 skinning requests if you need this
But there is already available
<element id="Controls.LargeTickBoxFill" bg="xxx,xxx,xxx" />
to change the background to a higher contrast colour
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

hiccup

sleepless

the artwork slider button now uses an auto-generated colours because its in a context menu
looking at the code its using:
Content[Artwork].HeaderControl.Default
not sure if i advertised that

Oh yeah, I actually had that figured earlier. I guess I moved its location though, and <element id="Content[Artwork]" was overriding it.
So are these elements still required? I can't find any issues after removing them:

<element id="Content[ArtistProfile]"
<element id="Content[Artwork]"
<element id="LyricsPanel"
<element id="TrackInfoPanel"
<element id="ArtworkPanel"

Sorry for the noob questions.