Author Topic: Skin- and visual errors related to, and skinning requests for MusicBee v3  (Read 296058 times)

Alumni

For the next update I have added support for arranging the (vertically oriented) column browser to left of the thumb browser.

When the column browser is docked to the left of the thumb browser there is a visible dividing line between them, would it be possible to make an override for that? I took a screenshot and marked the area in red.

redwing

I would like to have the menu button blended into caption bar without having its own bg and bdr. But currently it defaults to bg of Panel.Body.Default if bg is not set.
Can you provide a setting that would respect only fg of MenuButton.Default and make the rest transparent?

If you add into the skin
<element id="UseModernMenuButton">true</element>

Thanks! The setting does exactly what I was looking for: ignore bg and only respect fg of MenuButton.Default
I found out with that setting MenuButton.Default must be present with a dummy bg and working fg, otherwise the button won't show.

the menu button will be transparent, with text colour from
<element id="TitlebarActiveForeColour" bg="XXX" />
<element id="TitlebarInactiveForeColour" bg="XXX" />
and the menu icon from the new element
<element id="MenuIcon" fg="XXX" />

I can't make this work. As long as fg of MenuButton.Default is set (it has to, otherwise the button won't show), bg of TitlebarActiveForeColour and TitlebarInactiveForeColour has no effect on menu button. In other words, with MenuButton.Default set, there's no way to display inactive forecolor for the button.
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 08:27:03 PM by redwing

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
the menu button will be transparent, with text colour from
<element id="TitlebarActiveForeColour" bg="XXX" />
<element id="TitlebarInactiveForeColour" bg="XXX" />
and the menu icon from the new element
<element id="MenuIcon" fg="XXX" />

I can't make this work. As long as fg of MenuButton.Default is set (it has to, otherwise the button won't show), bg of TitlebarActiveForeColour and TitlebarInactiveForeColour has no effect on menu button. In other words, with MenuButton.Default set, there's no way to display inactive forecolor for the button.

Have a look at my Aurora skin from the Tundra series.  It still has MenuButton.Default in it for backwards compatibility, but in MB3 its values are ignored and the ForeColours and MenuIcon values are used.

You can even delete the MenuButton.Default element completely and it still works fine.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Have a look at my Aurora skin from the Tundra series.  It still has MenuButton.Default in it for backwards compatibility, but in MB3 its values are ignored and the ForeColours and MenuIcon values are used.

You can even delete the MenuButton.Default element completely and it still works fine.

Just tested Aurora. Are you sure you have set main menu option to "show as button"?

Bee-liever

Just tested Aurora. Are you sure you have set main menu option to "show as button"?

My mistake.
was working on another skin and had not reset "show as button"

In other words, with MenuButton.Default set, there's no way to display inactive forecolor for the button.

That is correct. I'd say it's to do with combining the top menu with the panel heading.
It only effects the main panel.  All the floating panels use the fore-colours.

redwing

Bee-liever

BTW how did you find out the setting? I can't find any posts mentioning it.

When it was still MB3Demo the .xml of the demo skin had
<element id="UseModernLayout">true</element>
<element id="UseModernMenuButton">true</element>
in it.

I thought that the "Modern" elements were defunct, so I removed them and discovered it effected the Menu Button.
I didn't put it in my MB3 elements list as I thought it was an old one that I was wrong about being defunct.

redwing

Thanks. I'll add the latter to the new element list.
According to this, the former could be safely removed.

<element id="ClassicNewTabButton">true</element>
  <element id="UseModernLayout">false</element>

Do these two still have a function?
They don't seem to have any effect anymore.
no - these elements no longer serve any purpose with the new functionality

Bee-liever

could the little divider in the status bar coloured by the bdr attribute of
<element id="Panel.StatusBar.Default"
be removed please

it is only seen under the main panel/right main panel divider when the right sidebar is set to show.
it doesn't stay in the same place if the sidebar is closed and I think the status bar looks better without it.

hiccup

Could somebody confirm that the bdr element for id="NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Default" is not working anymore?

That border seems to keep the color of <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine".

tia

redwing

Could somebody confirm that the bdr element for id="NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Default" is not working anymore?

That border seems to keep the color of <element id="Content[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine".

As you said, fg of the latter seems to be doing what the former is supposed to do.
But the former is instead working as bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Highlight.
The bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Highlight seems to do nothing.

hiccup

As you said, fg of the latter seems to be doing what the former is supposed to do.
But the former is instead working as bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Highlight.
The bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Highlight seems to do nothing.

Thnx redwing

@Steven, could you have a look at this?

redwing

Well, I have to make a correction. Tried again, and saw bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Highlight working fine.
As you said, the problem is with bdr of NowPlayingList[TrackDetail].Default, not with Highlight.
Sorry for the confusion.

hiccup

This short border line showed up in compact player.
(phred on the lookout skin)

phred

• Global Moderator
I didn't intentional remove it, nor did I intentionally place it there, but this is what it's looking like for me (after some changes earlier today)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here