Author Topic: Issues with "Show files with..." filters  (Read 2739 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This came up recently (and I thought Steven asked me to expand on it, but of course now I can't find the source...)

Anyway, here are the big issues I can see as soon as I start messing with the filters again:

1) Changes to layout (set displayed fields, etc) are not retained.  No changes to any of the filter settings are retained, either.

2) Filter is easily lost: Any action which triggers a refresh of the main panel resets the filter to show all tracks.  If you navigate away from the filter, you can't get back to it except by going through the Tools menu again. (In other words, you can't really do anything else while you're using the filter, or it gets messed up.)

3) This is especially problematic with the "small artwork" filter, since it scans the entire library EVERY time you load it.

I would love to see these filters improved, because they could be super useful.  Right now they're mainly useful if you select all and perform a single action on all the tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
for v3.1 i have enhanced the behavior so that each filter will persist the fields display and the column sort order
also the panel should automatically refresh when editing tags in the tag editor and maintain the position in the panel

I am not sure what i can do for point 3
Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:15:58 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
during testing of the new functionality i found a few bugs and poor behavior, so i have decided to include the changes in the v3.0 patch

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Woot!' I can't wait to try it out.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A quick test feels much better than it used to.  I like the way it uses the top left panel menu. I'll probably have more feedback when I get around to documenting it for the wiki.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I dug this up because #2 is still a problem. I'm trying to work on artwork in one tab (a pinned and locked tab, if that matters), but if I go do something in another tab, the artwork manager goes poof and I have to reopen it every time (it's not rescanning every time, at least). Please make it persistent until closed.
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:33:45 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce this. Could you send me a link to your settings file. I have your custom tab views that you sent last time

Steven

• Administrator
i can't reproduce this so i guess i will need to give you a debug version. Are you using v3.3 or 3.4?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
3.4.7513, currently

Edit: It crosses my mind that it could also be related to the fact that I'm using an auto-playlist, which is probably refreshing when I muck around in the other tabs.
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:45:33 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
Edit: It crosses my mind that it could also be related to the fact that I'm using an auto-playlist, which is probably refreshing when I muck around in the other tabs.
yes that seems to be the cause. I will have a look at it tonight

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Appears to be working. Thank you!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)