Author Topic: latest version does not read full collection  (Read 3166 times)

ervedeha

LS
For some time very enthusiastic user of Music Bee. Absolute great software!
Recently downloaded and installed latest version.
However this version does not read my full collection (100s of albums in FLAC format). It stops reading after a fix number of files  e.g 25 albums or 150 tracks.
Something changed in this version or do I not use the right settings
Thank for your suggestions
Best wishes
Er Vedeha

phred

• Global Moderator
Some questions in order to help try to figure this out, as it's not something I've heard happen before:
- What version were you using before and did it read your entire collection? 
- What version are you using now?
- Did you uninstall the old version and install the new, or did you install the new over the old?
- Is your library located now where it was before?
- Did you make any other changes besides the update of MB?  (Change of OS; change of MB install location; change of music files location, etc)
- Is there anything in the error log that might offer up a clue?  Help > Support > View Error Log
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ervedeha

Dear Phred,
thank you for your reply.
- used before 1.4 (old!)
- now 2.4.5404
- uninstalled old version via W7 remove program, then fresh installation of 2.4.5404
- I tried with different locations of the library: on C drive F drive (data) and external HD, old libraries were removed, all stopped reading at 150 albums
-No change in OS, MS install alwayds on C drive, tried with different files at diferent locations (F drive and external drive files)
- no report in error log.

I am afraid this is not much of a help. I repeated download and installation, same results, cleaned register with CC Cleaner.
I recently  installed  the new version on another computer, worked fine. All files read.
Thanks in advance
Bw
Er

phred

• Global Moderator
Try installing the latest patch to 2.5.x.  See my sig.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
another possibility is since the time you initially scanned your library with the old version, you now have one or more corrupt files on your computer.
You could drag/ drop a set of folders from windows explorer into the library or set the manually set the scan folders until you find the problem file(s)
If you do find the files, could you PM me a link to one of them so i can see why it causes a problem

ervedeha

Indeed it showed that the folders in my database were corrupt :)
Unlucky that there were exactly 150 files intact, so I thought of at a certain limit of files which could be imported (which I probably not have tought  with 147 or so files).
Luckily I have a recent backup (is much faster than ripping about 350 CD again)
Thanks for your great support!

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear you've got it figured out.
Also glad to hear you have backups.  More people should do the same, but unfortunately don't.  Until disaster strikes and they learn their lesson.  I've never needed to use my music backups, but I have a backup created every night, seven days a week, whether or not I add or modify any tracks.  And I keep multiple copies of the backups in multiple places.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
- used before 1.4 (old!)
- now 2.4.5404

If anyone else has this scenario, if I remember correctly, you need to run the 2.0 installer first before running any other version installer.
It has special handling to migrate the older MB libraries and settings to the newer version used in MB2.~
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together