Author Topic: Add-on Manager  (Read 75351 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Working OK again now  :)

Will upload some skins, icons, etc and see how it goes, speed-wise, on this version.

Thank you again for all your work on this.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

nogoya2002

boroda

what do you mean by portable version? plugin already uses MusicBee\AppData folder like mb itself for storing settings and cache if mb is portable.

boroda

New version released:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e6mwll8310u00ru/mb_AddonManager_2015-09-01.zip

• Some bugfixes
  • Better error handling
  • Better caching of online data and thus better performance
  • Now new customizations (uploaded after last launch of plugin) are marked with blue 'exclamation' icon
NOTE:
First run of plugin may be very slow, but subsequent runs should be much faster due to caching.
Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:58:22 AM by boroda74

boroda

well, it seems that almost nobody wants to host customizations, so i've uploaded all available skins. will upload icons and theater modes later this week.

hamma

boroda

@Bee-liever
if you want to host your customizations then i'll remove them from my repository, so we wont need to keep in sync our repositories.

i would recommend you to give friendly names for skins like 'Bee-liever: skin name' and install them to 'MusicBee\Skins\Bee-liever' folder (see 1st post on this topic for instructions).

Bee-liever

@Bee-liever
if you want to host your customizations then i'll remove them from my repository, so we wont need to keep in sync our repositories.

I'll leave you to host them for now.
I've got a few things happening at the moment, and have not had the time to add more to my repository.
Will take over maintenance of my stuff when things settle down and I have more free time again.

Also getting this error when applying updates:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Bee-liever\AppData\Local\MusicBee\MusicBee Add-on Manager\FilesToDelete.xml'

FilesToDelete.xml and all other AppData for MB is located in:
C:\Users\Bee-liever\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\

Bee-liever

2015-09-01-2.zip works for me.  Thank you.

Organizing the skins by the creators name is great in the Add-on Manager but I don't think it works to install them into MB like that.

It doesn't follow the colour folders that Steven has already set out for the included skins and it lumps skin sets together making it hard to work out what goes together in the same style.

boroda

Organizing the skins by the creators name is great in the Add-on Manager but I don't think it works to install them into MB like that.

It doesn't follow the colour folders that Steven has already set out for the included skins and it lumps skin sets together making it hard to work out what goes together in the same style.
i agree, but its too hard for me to organize skins by style, because ALL skins should be organized by style in this case. maybe creators themselves could organize skins that way, but nobody has a time/willing to do this ((((
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:10:29 AM by boroda74

Bee-liever

i agree, but its too hard for me to organize skins by style, because ALL skins should be organized by style in this case. maybe creators themselves could organize skins that way, but nobody has a time/willing to do this ((((

Then please remove my skins from your repository and I will load and organize them as time permits.

I think the Add-on Manager is useless for skins if it doesn't conform to the folder structure already in place, especially when you have loaded skins that are included in the installation of MusicBee.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this plugin and I believe it's a great addition to MB, but if you want to have all the categories filled and you can't wait for authors to load and organize their skins correctly, then you are the one that has to set them up correctly so they don't clash with the existing folder structure.

boroda

Then please remove my skins from your repository and I will load and organize them as time permits.
i'll leave them for now, but let me know when you are ready to host your skins and i'll remove them. i foresee no incompatibility issues. skins hosted by me could be easily uninstalled later even if they will have removed from my repository and skins which you will host could be installed, even they are the same skins.
Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:50:11 PM by boroda74