Author Topic: MusicBee Style Video Organiser  (Read 12144 times)

Pingaware

This is one software category I've found really difficult to fill over the years. I actually play my files through VLC Player, which I have no problems with, but it would be great to have something to organise and modify the metadata with that was as robust and well-featured as MB.

Currently I'm using tinyMediaManager which isn't bad. You can reorganise files based on a template, get metadata for files automatically, TV and movies are kept separate and you can even define Movie Sets (groups of related movies). However, it's buggy as hell despite regular updating (notably, bits of the GUI tend to disappear on my system, reading of custom movie posters barely works and the renaming tool bugs out in certain situations).

Has anyone got any recommendations? I want something that only wants to mess about with my video files, hence my steering clear of big media centre type programs. If it's just a manager (like tMM) and requires videos to be played externally, I'm also perfectly comfortable with that.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Alumni

If you're looking for a way to display all your movie files for external video playback, try MyMovieLibrary. It's decent, if not perfect.

Zak

• Global Moderator
it would be great to have something to organise and modify the metadata with that was as robust and well-featured as MB.
Do you mean as in writing "tags" or equivalent to the files themselves? I haven't come across any program that does that simply and reliably for video files. Most if not all of the media managers I've tried store the relevant information (series name, episode name, year etc.) in a separate database.
Bee excellent to each other...

peoii

MediaElch - http://www.kvibes.de/mediaelch/download/

It's similar to tMM in that it saves to external files, but it organizes wonderfully and tags appropriately for my Kodi install.