Author Topic: Library-bound layouts (multiple layouts)  (Read 2171 times)

landcross

Hey,

I think I'm using MusicBee for a good 2 years already. and it's an amazing piece of software.
Recentely, I completely reorganized the way I manage my digital music collection. Part of that was to split my old musicbee-library in 2 libraries. One for all the normal albums and one for all kinds of loose songs, remixes and other random stuff.

Now, there's no problem with how Musicbee handles multiple libraries (before the reorganizing I didn't even knew that was possible, it's a very nice feature). However, I'd really like it to be possible to have library-bound layouts.

Let me give an example: I'd like my main library to have the album-cover layout together with 2 columns above with for example artist and album (a more graphical approach). While I'd like me other library to have the detail-view with other top columns (a more text-approach). Both layouts are perfectly possible with Musicbee, but when I switch libraries I have to manually edit the layout every time. That's quite annoying.

So, is it possible to have the layout change when I change libraries?

Zak

• Global Moderator
As you've said, I don't think it's possible to store view settings per library.
It is possible though for filters which is how I set up different views for different purposes.

Assuming your two different libraries refer to different base paths you could create two filters with a rule such as "File path starts with..." and assign a preferred layout to each.
Bee excellent to each other...