Author Topic: Track sequence for manually ordered playlist  (Read 2959 times)

billcairns

I'm liking MusicBee but I had a problem last night with a playlist that I had created for a dance.  I was using a portable version 2.4.5404 of MusicBee stored on a USB stick along with a long list of potential songs from which I selected and arranged the playlist for the party.  It was important to me that the songs play in the sequence I had defined since I had printed out a playlist that dancers could refer to (it was a ballroom dance so there were several dance types- rumba, west coast swing, tango,... - and it was good for the newer dancers to know what song and dance type were coming up next).  When I got the playlist rolling everything looked good on the screen - the songs were in the desired order on the paylist and in the Now Playing - but the sequence of the songs was as if they had been shuffled, ouch.  Any idea why this might have been? And is there a way to nail down the playlist order so it's more stable?  Hope this is clear.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you get a screenshot of what's happening?  I think the solution is very simple (either sort by playlist order or right click and go to List > Update Play Order), but I'm not sure which.  I can't picture what you mean when you say everything was in the right order, but the sequence was shuffled.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
...the songs were in the desired order on the paylist and in the Now Playing - but the sequence of the songs was as if they had been shuffled, ouch.
If they were in the right order in the Now Playing list it sounds like you played them with the Shuffle button enabled.
Bee excellent to each other...

billcairns

That's what I thought must be the case, but I started again and located the playlist file in the folder (ie not as a library playlist) and started it with Play Now (not Play Shuffled).  The Now Playing list was in the desired order, but the actual playing jumped up and down the list.  I just don't see how to stop the random playing, how do I say I want the files playing in the order they show in the Now Playing list?  There's something I'm not seeing...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Zak is right, you have Shuffle enabled.  You can turn it off in the prayer panel.  If the player controls are in the right sidebar, you'll need to right click.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I can't get a screenshot, but below the Now Playing List there's a toggle button with two crossed arrows that you want to turn off. According to the Wiki the corresponding menu item is Controls > Shuffle.

If it's already disabled there's something peculiar going on.
Bee excellent to each other...

billcairns

Aha, I've seen that button, I'm sure that's the issue.  Thanks very much! Great program, I'll get better at it I promise.