Author Topic: Plugin Request  (Read 314 times)

SirFulscht

Hi Everyone!

New to Musicbee :)

A bit of history. I have a Dell Wyse Thin Client lying around and now I it will be my headless Music Server, for some reason (too long for this post) after trying libreelec, volumio, dietpi and Kodi, this program is the the best one suited for my hardware and all its peripherals.

At the same time, I have an IPad Gen 4 also lying around.

So, I have MusicBee on Thin Client, Remote app on my android phone and I wanted my Ipad to display (just display, like an external monitor and not do anything) now playing and maybe some song or album details and the album cover and playing progress on my Ipad on a browser or maybe a container. Basically, use the IPad to just display a beautiful UI. This will useful for people who has been looking for a good purpose for their old, unsupported IOS device, which is basically now a paper weight.

I saw this plugin lazeravik / MB_Webserver, but I don't have any idea how to run it. It looks like this is the exact plugin I am looking for.

Maybe it can be like the remote app, where it connect to MusicBee through the IP address and port, again, maybe through Safari, or much better a container utilizing the entire screen of the device.

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked at the  MusicBee Remote for iOS plugin?

I saw this plugin lazeravik / MB_Webserver, but I don't have any idea how to run it. It looks like this is the exact plugin I am looking for.
Where did you see this plugin? Please provide a link. I've never heard of it, nor can I find it in the Plugin and Extensions Repository.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39614.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

The description is at https://github.com/lazeravik/MB_Webserver , but it appears no finished version exists.

SirFulscht

Have you looked at the  MusicBee Remote for iOS plugin?

I have . . . And the plugin does not support my ios, it only supports iOS 11 and up I think, mine is 10.3.3 like what I said this will make old iOS device owners really happy to be able to use their old iOS device for something other than paper weight.

And It does need to be able to control musicbee, just display "now playing" with progress and maybe album cover.

I'll be researching too, I'm no programmer or whatsoever. But, maybe with enough knowledge, I can create this plugin. But, you think it's possible? Maybe I could copy some of the lines on some plugins to just do what I need?
Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 10:13:56 AM by SirFulscht

SirFulscht

The description is at https://github.com/lazeravik/MB_Webserver , but it appears no finished version exists.

Yes! That's the one. If only I knew how to continue this and add some stuff I need. Maybe I'll start researching further.

SirFulscht

I saw on one post that there is a plan for a web UI. Although, that was years back I think :-X  I'm still hoping for that, again for the purpose I mentioned here regarding having an old Ipad seating around collecting dust. 

Man, MB is just awesome and thank you so much for this Steven! LOVE IT!

The Incredible Boom Boom

This is an older thread, but I think your proposed solution is too convoluted.
I'm assuming your Dell computer contains your music files and you just want to play them from a tablet, correct?
It would be much easier to buy a cheap Windows tablet, install MusicBee there and access your music files through a network share.