Author Topic: NowPlayingList SelectedFiles  (Read 6979 times)

cv256

In just 30 minutes I built a plugin where you can configure a command line that is executed based on the selected files on the Library (and would like it to work also based on the selected files on the NowPlayingList). I used VB.Net and I plan to share the source code.

I need to know wich files are selected on NowPlayingList.
I have used mbApiInterface.NowPlayingList_QueryFiles("domain=SelectedFiles") but it allways returns False.
If I use mbApiInterface.NowPlayingList_QueryFiles("") it returns True, and then NowPlayingList_QueryGetNextFile returns all the files in the NowPlayingList.
How should I specify this parameter so that I get just the SelectedFiles?

Thanks a lot, and congratulations for MusicBee !
Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:09:56 AM by cv256

Steven

• Administrator
that query for the now playing list is not currently supported. I am making some changes to the API in the next week or so and will look at this then

cv256

I will be waiting for that new release, Steven.

I will share the source code of ths very simple plugin as soon as you have that new functionality.
I originaly built this plugin for launching a very light music player loaded with the track(s) selected on MusicBee. This light music player is configured to use another sound card, to wich I connected my headphones. This way, during live sessions,  I can preview tracks from the MusciBee Library before I send them the MusicBee's NowPlaying List. On MusicBee's Preferences->HotKeys I configured a key for this plugin, so it's use becomes instantaneous. The applications and parameters it launches are configurable, so it's quite versatile. In the near future I would like it to allow to configure as many applications as you want, each one with a corresponding menuitem on the contextmenu and a corresponding hotkey.

Once again congratulations for the super good job, keep on. After 15 years using WinAmp I changed to MusicBee and became a big fan since its first versions.

Grismar

If you pass this as the query: "<SmartPlaylist />", it will return all the items in the list.

You can customize as well, for example, to return all the items containing "song" pass the query: "<SmartPlaylist><Source Type="1"><Conditions CombineMethod="All"><Condition Field="None" Comparison="Contains" Value="song" /></Conditions></Source></SmartPlaylist>"

You can create more of these by create auto playlists in MusicBee and saving them, to find out how the smartPlaylist format works.

Hope that helps until Steven comes up with something more to your liking.

cv256

ok, I'm really a dumb newby...
MusicBee does it all allready.
Set up external application (external player) on Preferences->Tools. Then assigned it a HotKey. It works perfectly, now I can pre-listen on the headphones to the selected tracks, both on Library and on NowPlaying.

That's my favorite thing about MusicBee: versatility, configurable to match each one's needs ! (and yet intuitive)