Author Topic: How to remove Normalization/gain tags written into mp3s by musicbee  (Read 2866 times)

jklubomir

I normalized the volume on all my tracks by selecting to write the gain tags into the mp3. The result is, the volume of all my tracks has dropped permanently whichever software i play them in. They are on different levels between each album. Basically making my whole collection useless. How do i remove this?

jklubomir

I use the Analyze Volume Option - Permanently adjust the volume of each file (on track basis) I did this not knowing what this would do. I have not tried the Restore Volume option but it did nothing.  My entire 300gb library is kinda of useless unless i find a way to fix this. 

hiccup

I can imagine that's frustrating.

Yet the word 'permanently' is pretty descriptive. And it is unticked by default for a reason.
Since you chose 'permanently', your audio files have been re-written at a lower volume.
"restore volume' only removes any written RG 'indicator' tags.
This will not do anything to the actual audio file, and so it won't help your case.

One option you could choose, is to normalize again 'permanently', but now with opposite values. Thus making them louder again.
Of course this will (again) have some possible effects on the sound quality of the files.

A good advice for anybody, if you are not familiar with these kind of options, experiment with some back-up files first before using them on a precious library.