Author Topic: [TUT] Sync Rating (ish) for Windows Phone 8.1+  (Read 15596 times)

mediamike

I don't know if there are even many WP users left out there but I found a little app that helps me at least keep track of songs that I love.

It's nothing super complicated from a technical standpoint. or particularly customizable. But it does the job. I am rocking an HTC One M8 so definitely leave feedback if you find a device not working with this method.

***PLEASE NOTE:***
This will only synchronize the Last.FM "Love" tag on your track. THIS WILL NOT SYNC 1-5 STAR RATINGS!!!
For myself, this is basically a way to tag a track for "this is sick, go back on desktop and star-rate this"

What you need:

* Last.FM account  (obviously free)
* The Last.FM "Scrobble" functionality for musicbee. EDIT > PREFERENCES > PLUGINS **Tick the "sync loved tracks" box to enable
            (OPTIONAL: I also disable "scrobble tracks played on portable devices. The following WP8 app does that for us)
* The ScrobbleMe app from the Windows Phone Store.
           http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/scrobbleme/128b496c-1134-491a-bfdf-51fa72ebae36

Once all this is setup, you can tap that little Heart shaped icon on your WP Music Player and have it ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING !!! (besides accidentally hit "shuffle" and destroy your upcoming playlist)

Quick BTW: YOU MUST SCROBBLE MANUALLY from the WP app. I just pin the app to start screen and do it whenever I take a smoke break, etc. It's not too much of an inconvenience.

Pretty self explanatory once you get the three apps/services setup., but feel free to ask questions, etc.

Hope this helps someone. I was pulling my hair out not being able to tag a track from my WP and have it sync back to Music Bee and vice versa.