Author Topic: UPnP/ DLNA device support  (Read 302176 times)

doane

Has everyone given up on this?  Would love to get it to work.. seems like someone with good script skills could take a look at what Media Monkey did to get there's to work and apply the same principle to MB?

phred

• Global Moderator
MB shows up in the TV, but when I open it and choose the Music, I get an error that there is no music available on the MB server. I tried several different versions including Generic and Windows and the Upnp, but none work
Here are the settings I have been using successfully since shortly after Steven released this plugin...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

doane

Phred: Thanks for trying to help.. I just tried that, I set it up exactly the way you have it. I still get the same error that there are no music files   :(

gpzbc

i dont think i have the bandwidth to maintain this plugin so if there are any developers interested in enhancing it please send me a PM

Do your problems have anything to do with this message from Steven?

phred

• Global Moderator
The message from Steven means that he doesn't have the time to support this plugin any longer. That has nothing to do with the problem doane has reported. Other than Steven won't be able to look at it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

doane

The message from Steven means that he doesn't have the time to support this plugin any longer. That has nothing to do with the problem doane has reported. Other than Steven won't be able to look at it.

No, my Media Monkey server works fine. I understand how Steve doesn't have time to mess with it, was just hoping someone else with script knowledge might be able to work on it... maybe look at what MM did to get theirs to work?

Beaker

Im using the latest release and im not having any issues with the plugin

Ralf

I noticed that MB isn't playing whole albums (ape or flac with cue-sheet) on my AUNA Connect 150. They play well on the Standard-Device though. Does anybody know this prob? Is there a solution without splitting up and recoding the albums?

Steven

• Administrator
I noticed that MB isn't playing whole albums (ape or flac with cue-sheet) on my AUNA Connect 150. They play well on the Standard-Device though. Does anybody know this prob? Is there a solution without splitting up and recoding the albums?
is it only when there is a cue sheet involved? and how much of the album is played eg. just the first song?

Ralf

Hi Steven, thx for your time. Nope, it isn't playing anything regardless of the cue file.

Steven

• Administrator
you arent being very clear. If its not playing flac files, its possible it cant even if it advertises it can. In which case you would need to force transcoding in the device profile settings.
If it can play flac files then its possible it cant handle very large files in which case you might need to split the file into smaller chunks

Ralf

Sorry for being unclear. It isn't only a matter of flac- but also of ape-files. The plugin is running on default so in my understandig it is already transcoding everything to a pcm16 stream?

One thing I just noticed: Selecting a song from one of these albums directly from the AUNA is working correctly. Does that help? What else can I provide?

Steven

• Administrator
The plugin is running on default so in my understandig it is already transcoding everything to a pcm16 stream?
you need to tick the "network is bandwith cosntrained..." option to force transcoding

hoschi

Hi,
I have a problem to broadcast a radio stream to my Yamaha RX-V473.
I'm able to transfer music from my local drives and from my NAS storages to my RX-V473 amplifier over the dlna plug-in without interruption.
I'm also able to transfer a radio stream, but it stops every time after 10 seconds.  :o
I tried a lot of different settings but without success.
Is anyone able to help me to identify the problem?
Regards