Author Topic: Theater Mode question  (Read 9062 times)

dgbx

I just tried to change my TM view within the existing TM view.  The MusicBee menu (upper left) no longer shows the choice to change the TM view used.  I seem to remember that you used to be able to see a list of the TM views available from this menu or from the Main Player view's upper left menu, much like the Skins choice in the main menu.

I'm using MB version 2.5.5417 with the Moonshine skin.  Might the skin have something to do with this disappeared menu choice?  Are there any other methods to change the TM view presented?

Thanks!
Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:42:38 AM by dgbx

redwing

I don't think anything has changed about it. I can see the selection menu (View> Theater Mode>) with the skin. Can you post a screenshot?

dgbx

Hi redwing, thanks for the reply.  Here's a view of the menu from the Moonshine skin.

And here's a shot of the existing TM, arrived at through a toolbar button.  I can also get to my existing TM through a hotkey I have configured.

As you can see, the View choice shows no Theater Mode choice. Hope those help figure this out.  I'd like to try another TM view.

Thanks
Dave

redwing

That reminds me of this thread:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13647.0

I didn't try, but probably it would work as kerryanna suggested.

Before you try, would you post the current content of your TheaterModeState.ini file? That will be useful to Steven to keep this bug from occurring.

dgbx

Here are the contents of that file.

*** start paste ***
False
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Artist Frames v1.4.xml

C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Artist Frames v1.4.Rotation
True
True
False
False
True
False
False
False
False
False
*** end paste ***

I'll try deleting the file as the thread you pointed to suggests.

Thanks

dgbx

Closed MB and deleted the file as suggested.  The problem persists.  The menus look the same as in the posts above.  No choice of Theater Mode in the View menu.

A new TheaterModeState.ini was created on MB restart.  I can still get to a TM view through my hotkey, but now it is the default TM instead of the one I had picked a while back.

Thanks
Dave
Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:10:51 PM by dgbx

redwing

Can you post the current content of the new ini file again?

dgbx

Here's the new TheaterModeState.ini contents.

*** start paste ***
False
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.xml
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.jpg
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Default.Rotation
False
False
*** end paste ***

Thanks
Dave

redwing

I can't help you with this further. Hope Steven will look at this.

dgbx

OK, thanks redwing.  Would you suggest that I post the issue in bugs?  Can I move the thread to there or does that take a Moderator?

Dave

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm using 2.5.5419 and the issue exists here.  I haven't used Theater Mode in quite a while, but it definitely isn't showing under the View menu.  I've deleted the ini file as suggested by kerryanna.  The TM plug-in is installed and enabled.  After I deleted the ini file and restarted MB, a new ini file is -not- being created as I expected it would (should) be.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lanceurdenains

I have a similar issue, but i have found a workaround to it. Apparently Theater Mode being gone from the menu is the result of Cyano Media Downloader being enabled at the same time as Theater Mode (though i can't remember the bug happening initially when i installed Cyano Media Downloader). Once i disable Cyano Media Downloader under Preferences / Plugins and then restart MusicBee, Theater Mode is shown again in the Menu, but disappears again after enabling the other plugin. I'm not sure if there could be other causes for the problem, but probably this helps solving it.

dgbx

Great detective work!  You're completely correct.  With Cyano's plugin disabled, the Theater Mode choice shows up in both menus, Main/View and the TM View menu choice.

Too bad as I really like both plugins.  Hopefully this will get looked at by Steven and/or Cyano.

phred

• Global Moderator
Nice job lanceurdenains. 

I'll post something under Cyano's plugin thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i can also reproduce this and have made a change for the next v2,5 update that should address this