Author Topic: Visual album quality&completeness indicators on artworks in Artwork View  (Read 3073 times)

klint

Hi
Could it be helpful to have a way to add small visual indicators on top of artworks in Artwork View, in corners?
Like for instance
- the encoder itself (FLAC or MP3 or OGG) or better, an indicator of the quality of the encoding  (calculated from the first track, to make it simple)
- the number of tracks in the album in another corner
- an icon showing when the album is incomplete (missing some tracks compared to the theoretical number of tracks in the full album) . It could even be a small 2-colors bar showing the percentage of tracks from this album that are in the collections.

By settings, these indicators could appear always, never or only on hovering on the artwork.

The idea behind is to allow to select what one wants to listen next by just looking at the pictures in the collection, not by applying filters... I have realized that knowing whether the album is complete, or whether it's encoded in FLAC can be a criteria, depending on the moment, just wandering in the collection.

Does this make sense to others?
Thanks

PS: maybe it is possible already but I don't know how. Specifically, beyond these visual indicators, is there a way to know easily that an album is incomplete?

Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:55:28 PM by klint

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
PS: maybe it is possible already but I don't know how. Specifically, beyond these visual indicators, is there a way to know easily that an album is incomplete?

There is an "Album Complete?" tag which returns Y, N, or ? based on the number of tracks found vs the total tracks.  You can display it in Artwork view like any other tag.

You can also display other tags like Kind, and I have created a virtual tag that displays [tracks/total] for each album.

However, +1 to being able to use highlighting in Artwork view as well.  Then you could create your own color-coding system if you wanted to.  Album Complete = Y could be green, N could be red, etc.

Also +1 to the mouseover idea.  If you have lots of info displayed on top of the album cover, that would allow you to see the full cover without interference.
Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 02:04:44 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

klint

I knew there was something :)
Thanks a lot.
By the way, some of my albums have a question mark although the number of tracks is ok. Is there a way to reset/recalculate the Album Complete tag for the whole collection?
thanks again

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The question mark probably means that some tracks are missing the total track number, or something like that.  Have you checked both track # and total tracks for all files?

You shouldn't need to rescan the whole collection, but you can always rescan a particular album by going to send to > file rescan in the right click menu.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

Also remember that disc total needs filling if disc number is used.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.