Author Topic: Exporting Playlists  (Read 2606 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Unless I'm missing something, it appears that MB can only have one set of parameters to export a playlist.  I would like the ability to have two or three sets of parameters, as I export playlists to more than one device.  And each device's playlists require different mapping and are stored in different directories.

For example, playlists that I want to import into SubSonic are stored in \\11-NAS\Volume_1\Music_Files\SubSonic Playlists\ and have to be remapped from Z:\ to \\11-NAS\Volume_1\Music_Files\

Playlists that I want to import to my Squeezebox device are stored in G:\MusicBee\Phred\Squeezebox Playlists and don't need to be remapped.

Playlists that I want to import to my Android device are are stored in G:\MusicBee\Phred\Droid Playlists and need to be remapped from Z:\ to Music\

Thanks.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Just a suggestion. A workaround for this would be:

- Use relative file paths for playlists under library setting.
- Create a batch file with multiple lines of xcopy command (with various switches you need) that copies all files in Exported Playlists folder to a specific folder.
- Run the batch file to export or update.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks redwing.  Of course that's not as elegant as something within MB, but I'll work with it over the next couple of days to see how efficient it is. 

And not seeing any +1s on my request, it's unlikely Steven would spend any time on this, which is understandable.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

that's not as elegant as something within MB

If that's working, you can run the batch file with a toolbar button using an external app hotkey.
Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:15:05 PM by redwing