Author Topic: Visualizer Tab  (Read 7086 times)

KangNi

Hello all,

I realy like to have a Visualizer Tab. + I like to view the Visualizer stretched to the full main window (like in none Tab view).

Could you please combine the advantages of both to > Have a Visualizer Tab which shows the Visualizer stretched to full main window  :)
I'm not talking about full screen here - please have a look below.

You could put an option in the Menu/Visualizer/"Stretch Visualizer To Main Window" to switch between:
Integrated Main Window View / Streched Main Window View.
The Option "Show in a Tab" should be renamed to "Show Visualizer Tab" and is completely independent of the way how the visualizer is shown then.

Thank you so much for the attention ;)

Greetings
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:05:50 PM by KangNi

KangNi

just a further point regarding that topic ...

if "V" is pressed to view "Visualizer Stretch To Main Window" it's impossible to toggle off the visualizer by pressing "V" again.
is there any way that it could work like that?

Thanks
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:05:36 PM by KangNi

redwing

if "V" is pressed to view "Visualizer Stretch To Main Window" it's impossible to toggle off the visualizer by pressing "V" again.
is there a way to do so?

Do you mean "show visualizer in full screen"? If so, press alt+enter to toggle the view, as right-click menu says.

KangNi

Hello and thanks for reply.

No, what I'm talking about are these both views below ....
I called them "Integrated Main Window View" and "Streched Main Window View"

For the second view you can't have a visualizer tab currently.

Greetings

Steven

• Administrator
in addition to redwings suggestion of putting the tabs in the caption bar, you could also collapse the right and left panels if you didnt want the tabs located there

KangNi

All right - It's truly an option to collapse the both panels on the left and the right to get such a stretched visualizer view for the tab view.
Thanks for the hint.

But i would like to give some comments therefore ...

If you switch to visualizer Tab and the left and right panels are set to collapsed before, i notice that the panels disappear quickly but ONE BY ONE , AFTER the visualizer tab becomes focused and the visualizer window becomes resized each time when a panel disappeared with a gap of some hundred milliseconds.
In my case this forces Milkdrop 2.2 to crash often.

If you try to switch of the option visualizer\"Show in a Tab" and start it with the "V" key, it can be recognize that this is a different mode where no status bar is displayed for instance and no quick resize of visualizer overlay happens.
So the last point is something about cosmetic but it also seems to force instability for example in Milkdrop if visualizer tab is used in your suggested way (collapsed side panels).

How you think about?

Greetings
Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:42:04 PM by cycon

redwing

I experienced the crash only once, but no longer able to reproduce it with whatever setup. If you can repeat the crash and find the error message, report it to bug reports board so that Steven could take a look.
I noticed status bar remains only when "Show in a Tab" option is ticked regardless of the use of hotkey, which is an expected behavior.

KangNi

Okay, i was written before that Milkdrop crashes very often.
Actually i didn't know if it crashes but the visualizer shows a black screen often after the tab was opened.

However - my request is solved so far. Thanks.

I just would like to leave a question at the end, but actually it's a request too ;) ....

When switching from library to visualizer tab with collapsed left and right panels - why the panels become collapes AFTER the vis-overlay is displayed ? Same when switch back from visualizer tab to library - first the left and right panels become displayed before the vis-overlay is closed.
Both actions lead in unnecessary GUI flicker and high CPU usage because of quick resizes of the vis-overlay during visualizer is active.

If possible the vis-overlay should be displayed like the last-in-first-out (LIFO) strategy to avoid the problems explained above.
So first hide side panels then show overlay respectively first close overlay then bring back side panels.
Now it's a FILO ;)

Greetings

Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:43:47 PM by cycon