Author Topic: Discogs Tagger  (Read 107219 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
what am i doing wrong?

you may not be doing anything wrong
Discogs has recently been having "network connectivity issues" while they were making changes to their API (again  ::)  )

these changes may also have affected this plugin as:
XML output is now deprecated
output is now in JSON
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
the plugin is already using JSON and the latest API

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
and the latest API

@ wavebave
Since Steven has already included the changes from Aug 15 and removed any old endpoints that Discogs turned off on Aug 22, then I'm at a loss to help more.  Hopefully other forum members that have this plugin currently working will have a better idea.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Havokdan

Steven

• Administrator
if i was to spend time looking at this i would need more information than "it doesnt work".
anyone having problems with it, could you say which steps you have done from the instructions in the first post and if any of the steps failed describe what happened. If the steps were all done, and you dont get any results from discogs then confirm the plugin is enabled in the plugin preferences and if so then give an example of an artist and album you tried

wavebave

current musicbee version: 2.4.5349
artist/album i tried: american football, american football (same album as artist)

i tried redownloading the plubin, disabling/enabling, creating different discogs account, removing and requesting a new key from discogs, reinstalling musicbee but it doesnt work for me.

this is what it looks like when i click configure on the plugin http://puu.sh/buXvS.png

Steven

• Administrator
I have to say its very flacky - i got results for the "american football" one time out of three. The reason it failed the 2 times was the query timed out so i would say its due to issues on the discogs side. I might increase the timeout perod from 15 to 30 seconds.
If you never get any results i suggest you also check you account on discogs to make sure that musicbee is still recorded as being enabled by your account.

edit:
this version (also updated in first post) has a 30 second timeout:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6nf9smeuiek9ncl/mb_Discogs.zip

wavebave

i downloaded the new plugin and went to my discogs profile to remove the key but now it wont ask for a new one

:/

Steven

• Administrator
This plugin should be working again now. It seems the plugin was getting authorisation failures - i guess there must have been some change on the discogs side. I have also taken the opportunity to change the query used so it should be faster than before (still too slow in my view though) and should not suffer from the timeout issues as before.

The plugin link in the first post is updated or get if from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6nf9smeuiek9ncl/mb_Discogs.zip

I also recommend you get the latest v2.5 (not required) as i made a few changes in the presentation of results. Unzip and replace the existing files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Dingusamongus

I want to state that I was having the same issues, with Discogs not showing up - BUT after I followed Steven's directions and updated Musicbee and updated the latest plug-in, I see it is working!  So thanks for this thread and to Steven.

Best,

D
Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:38:36 PM by Dingusamongus

Dingusamongus

Hi I have another question, and possible request.  Is there anyway to use/enter a web address from an actual page on Discogs in the Discogs tagger, like I can in the discogs taggers in Mediamonkey or Foobar2000?  Sometimes when I use the Discogs autotagger in Musicbee i get only partial albums, or 1 cd or a multi cd album.  Being able to put in a webaddress for the Discogs site (after I had researched the Discogs website) would really help pinpoint those tags.  Thanks!

e-motiv

For me it also doesn't work. 2.5.5516

It doesn't find back any albums by "Auto-tag by album", though there are many albums in discogs that correspond.

What I noticed is that if I fill in the exact album artist in "album artist" under "Album auto-tagger", namely the one that I found via Firefox on discogs (e.g. "Various" in stead of "Various Artists" or in stead of -empty-), it does find back the album!

So maybe, it's just a matter of not requesting the fields that are manually made empty (after they were filled in on dialog creation)?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Dingusamongus

Sadly it isn't working anymore for me.  Really odd, as it was working for a while.

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like they reset the access tokens. Delete the file "discogs.token" in the MusicBee/AppData folder and redo the authorisation process

Dingusamongus

Thanks Steven!  This worked like a charm for me.