Author Topic: Discogs Tagger  (Read 107203 times)

Steven

• Administrator
This plugin replaces the native Discogs tagging functionality built into MusicBee. This is needed because of API changes made by Discogs

- create an account on discogs - www.discogs.com

- get the discogs plugin - unzip and place in the Plugins sub-folder:
  https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/mb_Discogs.zip

- when MusicBee is started, the plugin will open a discogs authorisation page in your default web browser - you need to have created a discogs account beforehand

- authorise MusicBee and copy the PIN number that is displayed and paste into the dialog window that MusicBee is displaying, and then hit Proceed

- The plugin should automatically be added to the Tag providers in the Tags(2) preferences page but you may want to change the priority settings
Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:39:41 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
Downloaded today's patch (2.4.5314) and placed mb_Discogs.dll in the Plugins folder.  Launched MB and went to Preferences \ Plugins.  Clicked on CONFIGURE for the Discogs plugin and received this:

MusicBee v2.4.5314.29593 (Win6.1), 20 Jul 2014 14:56:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=q1x44a3z2RoFRJ23xCh700z4KR$dQxiEAV_W6kT64v$s=.#=qZg1gcHk1eBX32DCFKTDKtQ==(IntPtr #=qnq0Eau3rXD_x3ry1Ek9tKA==)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
the only way i can see that happening is if you were not running 2.4.5314 so could you confirm using help/ about in musicbee ?
It should gave automatically popped up a dialog box to enter a PIN but again that depends on a change made in that MB version

edit:
i see it could also happen if you cancelled the PIN verification process and then restarted MB and did what you did. If you re-download the mb_discogs.dll plugin then that scenario should be addressed
Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:38:01 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
2.4.5314 confirmed. 
You can also see it in the error message I posted.
And I never even got to the PIN entry box.  MB immediately closed after clicking OK on the error message.

However, I downloaded the patch again, along with the plugin.  Overwrote existing with the newly downloaded and I got the PIN box.  All appears to be working okay now.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

zeljay

Can you give a link for the latest patch...?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

The link is already in the original post
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
The latest 2.4 patch can always be found at http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

ariesps

Hi all,

I've downloaded the plugin, installed and register it with no problems.

On tags(2)  i can see discogs enabled, but when i try to "Auto tag for album" it only discovers from MusicBrainz and FreeDb. I've tried many albums with no luck.

Any help?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you using the Latest Update? 

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ariesps

Are you using the Latest Update? 

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

Yes. 2.4.5322.

I don't know how, but it works now.. Didn't do anything. Only restarted computer after dinner. Before restart tried to close/open musicbee many times.

ariesps

Well, I 've been testing this during last days. For me it founds info on Discogs randomly.

I use the expanded view from album layout, from here i right click the album picture and select "Auto Tag for album". The first time it finds correctly the album on Discogs, for example "M83 - Hurry, I'm dreaming".  If i cancel the tag, or apply tags, whatever; and try to auto tag it again it only show Musicbrainz or freeDB. If i keep triying it returns to show discogs info.

Could be  a time-out between checks on discogs api?

Steven

• Administrator
in my testing i have found discogs to be unreliable sometimes, only to start working again an hour or so later. As far as i am aware MB follows all the rules it stipulates eg. maximum of one request per second. I might approach them to see whats going on but dont hold your breath

ariesps

Barbie-qu

Hi Steven,
It appears that the plugin is referencing the Style tag from the Discogs database, and suggesting it as 'Genre' in Musicbee.

One of the best things about Discogs is their use of genres and then sub styles.
Would it be possible to choose both Genre and Style in the Auto Tag fields?
I realise you don't have Style as a default tag (I have set it up as a custom tag), but this would make the Discogs plugin really useful.

wavebave

i cant get it to work, tried reinstalling musicbee, redownloading plugin, going to my discogs page and much more..

what am i doing wrong?