Author Topic: Track Previewer  (Read 37875 times)

ma_t14

Than you so mutch for this plug-in. It works wery well for me. I hope you will continue to work with it är uppdate it.
i was not planning any further updates. What do you think is missing?

Any chance of these getting implemented?  ::)

On the matter of offsets, I have a few suggestions.

I think it would be better if the offsets were calculated in percentages instead of seconds. This would eliminate any possible discrepancies between short and long tracks. The durations would still be calculated in seconds for the sake of having a consistent length for each preview.

Additionally, when previewing a track I think it would be even better to add an additional offset that would read, for example "middle of track", which would be fixed and you would only have to choose the duration. Having three different sections (beginning, middle, ending) would actually give a much better insight into what a track is all about when previewing it.

Thoughts?

redwing

This doesn't work properly with cue sheet-split tracks. It doesn't follow the configured setting, and sometimes even the menu disappears after playing.

aminfri

Awesome plugin and thanks a bunch. Any chance of plugin selecting a random offset per song? that would make it super nice. Also any chance of making it open source? i would be able to modify it myself then :D .

bellyman

Additionally, when previewing a track I think it would be even better to add an additional offset that would read, for example "middle of track", which would be fixed and you would only have to choose the duration. Having three different sections (beginning, middle, ending) would actually give a much better insight into what a track is all about when previewing it.

I understand the developer's goal - simulate the preview like iTunes and a bonus would be to do the same at the end.

In my case I am looking for something that will span a 1-2hr radio show where I want to preview throughout quickly (without manually moving the pointer). Years ago I simulated this with a macro and WinAmp.

Create a macro that will cover an hour show (and another for two hours):
- Invoking the macro will pause x seconds (which is the time to PLAY the music say 30-60s)
- It will then jump ahead y minutes of the track
- Repeat z iterations (say a total of 5 for 1hr/10 for 2hrs)

For the macro - AUTOHOTKEY (open source); for MusicBee I don't see any way to advance the song with cursor keys (odd; would be nice to mimic the same key combos as VLC - with "shift/ctrl/alt"+left/right versions being a different time jump  amount)

Alternative with MusicBee (albeit more work) would be to create cue sheets; MusicBee does have key combos to jump to the next track. For music I listen to a lot, I have a python script to quickly create cuesheets (across a year) - that way if I am in the car or walking and want to skip ahead I just go to the next track (otherwise it is one giant 2 hour program and I jump to the next program).

Neutron Music Player for Android (just a user) is amazing; he has a database which loads cue sheets to separate the tracks and not only that - you can FLAC your collection and it auto-decodes (FLAC+CUE).

belly

vorward

Hello, I have Musicbee 3.1.6590 and I like this player!

But I can't get "Track Previewer" working. I set everything like in the first post. But in the right click options there is nothing and with the hotkeys nothing is changing.

Can somebody give me a hint?

Thanks!

redwing

To activate, right click in the Now Playing panel/ Preview Mode/...

As the first post instructs, the context menu shows up only in the now playing panel which is playing tracks panel since v3.0.

vorward

To activate, right click in the Now Playing panel/ Preview Mode/...

As the first post instructs, the context menu shows up only in the now playing panel which is playing tracks panel since v3.0.

Thank you! The rename of the panel was the helping information. Now it works like a charme :-)

schmusimusi

Hello all, (and thank you for this plugin!)

I'd like to ask, if it is possible to set percentage instead of secs.

Or, how do I set up this plugin, to have the same effect like in the preview component from foobar2000 ?
This is how it looks like:

(I have very short and very long songs, I'd like to preview, I only want to listen to 50% of it)

Thank you all!

pseudonym

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this plugin! However, the way this plugin integrates and works seems odd. Shouldn't it instead of adding a "Preview Mode", add a "Preview Track" context menu item whenever a track is selected, allowing you to preview that track without affecting the Playing Tracks, the Upcoming Tracks or the currently playing track? After the previewed track ends, the player resumes where it left off from the currently playing track and no change to the play count or skip count to the previewed track are made.

Just a thought.

Best regards,

- Pseudonym