Author Topic: Don't Understand This Error?  (Read 2820 times)

galactica12

I noticed today when adding files through my inbox to the library that I get a "An organisation rule needs to defined for files on C:\ in the Library Auto-Organise preferences" error. This is particularly bizarre, as I have not had this issue before. I checked what I believe to be the organization preferences, and everything seemed to be the same there. Am I missing something completely obvious?

EDIT: On an unrelated note, ctrl-clicking to choose multiple albums in the inbox or anywhere else doesn't appear to work either. Maybe it's related?
Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:11:11 PM by galactica12

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Are you using the latest 2.4 version?

If so, there has been changes made to the auto-organise system.
If you are moving files from your C:\ drive to a different drive, MB no longer does this automatically via the Inbox.
You now need to map that drive change.
Screenshot here shows what I mean.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

galactica12

Yes, I am using 2.4.5255. It's odd because I didn't have any issues until this particular revision.
I'm a bit confused as to what I'm looking at here with the screenshots you sent. Say I had files on C:\ in the inbox, but wanted to move them onto an F:\ drive, could you help me a bit? I'm a little lost as to where to go from here.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

I'm assuming that you have previously auto-organised onto your F:\ drive, so you won't yet see the box for the C:\ drive section.
Hit the 'Add Drive Mapping' button and add the mapping for the C:\ drive, make sure that 'to folder:' info you already have for your F:\ drive matches exactly for the C:\ drive. (the red highlight areas on the ss)

You can put any naming template you like in the blue area, as once you have them on the F:\ drive, you original naming templates will take-over and move them around as before
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

galactica12

Thanks a ton for the help, everything is seamless once again. The diagram you made was very helpful!

Now off to go find out why I cannot ctrl-click more than one album, haha.