Author Topic: unable to open file (error=BASS_ERROR_INIT)  (Read 19269 times)

scorp888

unable to open file (error=BASS_ERROR_INIT)

Installed Musicbee - Latest version.

Mapped a network drive m: with my music on it.

Scanned it.

When it had finished.

Got this from every song.

unable to open file (error=BASS_ERROR_INIT)

Steven

• Administrator
the error means the BASS library was not able to initialise the sound device. Try unticking all the options in the Player preferences and then try chaning the output mode eg. DirectSound, WASAPI

drnstvns

the error means the BASS library was not able to initialise the sound device. Try unticking all the options in the Player preferences and then try chaning the output mode eg. DirectSound, WASAPI
OMG!! THANK YOU for this simple, effective solution. This error code would pop up randomly (due to me using different speakers and changing the default device) and when set to default to the set that wasn't available I got this code and COULD NOT figure out the solution. Yours worked perfectly! THANK YOU!!  ;D

kidjedi

For me this happens when I try to burn a disc ("Burn failed with the following error: Unable to open file (error=BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN")

I am unable to burn discs with MusicBee (v. 3.0.6132).

kgurr66

Hi,
I have the same problem (MusicBee version 3.3.7115).

I've tried all sorts of options in the player preferences ... but unfortunately without success.

Some weeks ago I did burn a CD ... and my feeling is that this could have triggered the problem?

Is there a way to completely reset the area of settings which influences the "File Converters"?
This would be very helpful!

In the meantime, I have tried a few hours already, with no result.
I have made lots of individual settings in MusicBee ... that was really a lot of work...  and I do not want to this again!

I would be very grateful for a helpful idea!