Author Topic: Dacp Plugin: control MusicBee using iTunes-compatible apps  (Read 64765 times)

SimonBRT

been using this a few weeks now.  have to admit had lots of problems with it not connecting each time i restarted my pc, but now i seem to have figured out how to assign a static IP, everything seems to work like magic.  working like this, this is an absolutely massive addition to MB.  absolutely love it.  i was a great fan of kelsos' android remote which was a very fine piece of work, but this has so so much more functionality.

thanks again for the time to create this plugin.  love it!  (choosing records from the kitchen will never get old!)

weejake

can someone tell me how to get the firewall port excepting the connection without turning off the whole firewall.
you guys have said the port should be 3689
well ive done all that but the only way i can get connection is by turning off the firewall all together.

weejake

ok so i have figured out how to change the ports by allowing edge traversal.

but it still dosnt allow the connection unless i have the firewall completely turned off...
i would rather not put my pc at risk just to allow this app to connect ..

has anyone else got the app to work with the firewall on??

weejake

also the app im using  doesnt detect the radio stations i have saved as a playlist eg. http://icecast6.play.cz/dance-radio320.mp3
it sees the playlist but nothing inside

i might say im using the rtremote app on the windows store at this point......sorry

is this the app fault or the dacp plugin??

bazinga

I will try to give you instructions on how to open the specific ports on the firewall.
As per the radio station, I've never tried one so it's not available yet...

weejake

ok so thanks for the offer but i think i have it sussed...
i realised i had to create a new open port 3689 instead of trying to modify an existing port within musicbee

however im having trouble trying to have the tablet in control mode and the windows phone at the same time...
it looks like i can only have one in operation at a time

Skinjob

I'm currently using Retune with this plugin.  Should I be able to edit the current playback queue?  For example, reorder songs in the list?

Retune says it support this with iTunes 11 and MonkeyTunes:
* iTunes 11 Up Next Support. Add songs, albums, artist, genres, composers, and playlists to the Up Next list. Including the ability to view/remove/reorder songs and parts of the Up Next list.
* MonkeyTunes Play Queue support.

I can see the playback queue in Retune, but I can't seem to edit it in any way.  Am I just not understanding how to use this feature in Retune, or is it not implemented in the plugin yet?  Anyone else tried this?

SimonBRT

I'm currently using Retune with this plugin.  Should I be able to edit the current playback queue?  For example, reorder songs in the list?

* iTunes 11 Up Next Support. Add songs, albums, artist, genres, composers, and playlists to the Up Next list. Including the ability to view/remove/reorder songs and parts of the Up Next list.

I can see the playback queue in Retune, but I can't seem to edit it in any way.  Am I just not understanding how to use this feature in Retune, or is it not implemented in the plugin yet?  Anyone else tried this?

If you are missing it I am missing it too.  I found the same thing with Retune.  Looks like it should allow re-ordering but does not seem to.

bazinga

could be a bug in the plugin, I'll try to find time to give it a look tomorrow.

eLr0n

I have another suggestion.
Could you upload a Version where the use of the Tag "Album-Artist" and "Artist" is switched.
For example if you have a compilation album with different artists the "Album-Artist" is VA or something similar.
If you search for an Artist that is on this album you wont find him cause the search is only lookin for "Album-Artist"
The Text for the playing song is wrong in this case too. Its Song - VA - Compilation. So you cant see whos the real Artist of this Song.

vpsaxman

Thanks for the wonderful plugin!

There is one thing I can't figure out: it seems I'm not able to perform a search with more than one word. For example, when searching for the song "just friends", if I perform a search query with "just" or a separate one with "friends", I'll get a (different) list of results with songs containing either words but searching for "just friends" returns "no results found". Same for albums and artists (eg: searching for "miles davis" or "kind of blue" won't work).

bazinga

sorry I couldn't work on it last week, hope I can come with a new version soon

rikigst

Hi all,
I've set up everything as instructed in the first post, including the netsh thing. I can't seem to get the pairing to work: when I open retune on android I'm shown the 4 digit code, in the meantime musicbee is running but i'm not prompted with anything and there's no change in the interface. Windows  firewall is off. Devices are on the same wifi network (which is my university's network, god only knows how that's set up). Clicking on the configure plugin button only gives me the author's info. What am I supposed to do? The instructions aren't very clear on this last passage.. Am I supposed to click somewhere in musicbee interface in order to input the pairing code?
Thanks!

bazinga

Skinjob

Bazinga - just wondering if you had any ideas on this question from a few weeks ago.  No pressure if you're busy with other stuff.  Just wondering if it's supposed to work, planned in the future, never gonna happen, etc.