Author Topic: Dacp Plugin: control MusicBee using iTunes-compatible apps  (Read 64512 times)

Ansem

i tried it, but when i open musicbee hw told me "access denied" and it stop working. how can i resolve? :(
Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:59:26 AM by Ansem

bazinga

are you launching musicbee as admistrator? please try the "netsh" commands in first post

Ansem

squiercaster

Hello,
firstly thanks very much for your work. I had the 503 error, but with the new files I managed to get it working with ReTune.
Apart from occasional negligible bugs (which are probably caused by retune), it seems to use Album Artist as Artist, so with quite a large library, it gets very disorganized, when sorting by Artist in the app (as I use the Artist tag mainly).
I've tried other apps but it seems that this is a feature of the plugin. Can this be changed?
Thanks again!

muzikmark

I cannot get this to work.
I am running Windows 8.1 and using an iphone 4s with the Remote app.
I run MusicBee as administrator and I get the window to enter the code.
Once the code is entered the app stalls while trying to connect every time.
Right now I have my firewall completely off and still having no success.
For me, this is the only thing missing from MusicBee that I really want!
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Mark

bazinga

unfortunately I don't have an iPhone, so you'll have to help me here...
Please try to get a log (see previous posts) and, if you can, a wireshark trace...

Skinjob

I also have the 530 error when trying to load the library in Retune.  I enabled log4net and can see the startup and retune connection all seem fine, so there dosen't seem to be any connectivity issue. However, I found this at the end of the log:

2014-06-01 15:10:53,965 [25] DEBUG Melloware.DACP.DatabaseResponse [(null)] - Creating DatabaseResponse...
2014-06-01 15:10:55,258 [25] ERROR Melloware.DACP.DACPServer [(null)] - MusicBee Error: Input string was not in a correct format.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
   at DacpMusicBeePlugin.MusicBeeLibCache..ctor(MusicBeeApiInterface mbApi) in c:\Users\SCARAMACCAI\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\dacp-net-read-only\DacpMusicBeeServer\MusicBeeLibCache.cs:line 135
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<.ctor>b__86() in c:\Users\SCARAMACCAI\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\dacp-net-read-only\DacpMusicBeeServer\Plugin.cs:line 35
   at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
   at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
   at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.GetDatabaseInfo(HttpListenerRequest request) in c:\Users\SCARAMACCAI\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\dacp-net-read-only\DacpMusicBeeServer\Plugin.cs:line 697
   at Melloware.DACP.DACPServer.DispatchRequest(HttpListenerRequest request, HttpListenerResponse response, Boolean isCompressed) in c:\Users\SCARAMACCAI\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\dacp-net-read-only\dacp-net\Melloware.DACP\DACPServer.cs:line 367

patd315

I have been waiting for someone to implement this for a couple of years. However, I have a problem. I installed and ran the shell command as instructed. Installed retunes on my android phone. Checked everything by pairing with iTunes. When I try to pair with MusicBee I get the pairing window. Actually, I usually get 3 or 4windows layered on top of each other. I have tried entering the pairing numbers in however all the pairing windows but it never pairs. Any ideas, help, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Please!

Thank you in advance
Pat

P.S. I ran some cleanup and rebooted. It now appears to pair but I get that 503 error, library can not be found. I hope you can help. Thanks
Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:43:57 AM by patd315

Skinjob

Woohoo!  Works great now!  Thank you so much.

This plugin+Retune is pretty awesome.  When I was still on Winamp I used the excellent aWARemote, and it was the one thing I really missed after moving to MusicBee.  Not anymore!  Thanks again for the great work!

Skinjob

BTW - regarding the requirement for Bonjour, you might want to mention in the first post that you don't have to actually install iTunes to get it.  Apple doesn't seem to have a separate Bonjour distribution anymore, but you can download the latest iTunes setup and use 7-zip (or some other archive tool) to open the iTunes setup exe as an archive and extract the Bonjour installer.

I really, really didn't want to pollute my system with iTunes and was kind of annoyed when I thought there was no choice.  Maybe it's common knowledge to people more familiar with Apple stuff, but it took me some searching to find this solution.  So I thought you might want to mention this in the first post for people that don't even know what Bonjour is or might be put off by thinking they have to install iTunes.