Author Topic: Wishlist requests  (Read 58683 times)

Steven

• Administrator
Every so often I feel the need to post this - lately i have been getting a lot of personal messages, emails and posts on the wishlist pushing for some particular function that the person thinks is essential or product X has so therefore MusicBee must implement as well.

There are many requests in the wishlist which are worthy of doing and would exceed the capacity of a dedicated full-time team. If there is some functionality that you would like then post it on the wishlist. If you really need it and there isnt a suitable work-around then assume it wont be done, and find another application that does what you want, or if you have programming skills then build a plugin if the API supports what you need for the plugin.
Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:17:49 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Maybe you should sticky this in the Wishlist forum.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

silvestreccf

I understand your annoyance, but I can tell you that MusicBee is the most complete application of music, already tried all that you can imagine, and I know how difficult it is to make a freeware app. requires much time.
let's hope their versions and changes, because I really want to continue using MusicBee.

Thanks for the time and effort to create a functional application.

Bigmelwalter

All of the time and work that has been put into this great application is much appreciated.
Its just that many of us had to "deal" with below average players before MB. And none of them have allowed consumers input to be even thought of.
Personally my distaste for iTunes & WMP/WMC has been cured!

In the future maybe we could vote for certain "wishes" to be granted available by public/social opinion?

Either way MB rocks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In the future maybe we could vote for certain "wishes" to be granted available by public/social opinion?

This is what the +1s are for.  Of course, Steven still has to be willing to implement the change.  :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

We've been already doing that. There are tons of wishes with a number of accumulated "+1"s, but Steven has never succumbed to such public pressure. On the other hand, some wishes were instantly implemented without any support from other users. Although I too am a poster of countless unfulfilled wishes, I think that's what keeps MB a great piece of software. The public is so greedy just like any individual of us that it will easily turn MB into a mediocre and boring program.

you_can_wish

Although I too am a poster of countless unfulfilled wishes, I think that's what keeps MB a great piece of software. The public is so greedy just like any individual of us that it will easily turn MB into a mediocre and boring program.

In other words, don't want to include too much bloat because that will degrade the quality of the software. There is a respect that people have wishes but they're mostly not getting granted here :p

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P

There is a respect that people have wishes but they're mostly not getting granted here :p

MusicBee is one man's hobby. Steven must juggle his work, private life and the time he spends on MB (which includes bug fixing, not just granting wishes). I'm amazed that he is able to give the time that he does here. With regard to wishes, yes, some do get granted earlier than others.  I can only imagine that Steven somehow balances their value, ease of implementation and benefit to MB.

Some wishes take more time than others. The current upgrade to the mini-player has been in the pipeline since Vers:2.1.(possibly earlier)

Despite the somewhat antagonistic relationship that Steven and I currently have, I think he does do a great job. Actually it's more like an absolutely-f^&*ing-fantastic job from a one-man show.

If you can't wait for something to be implemented, if it's possible, write a plug-in or, as Steven often says, maybe MusicBee is not the player for you.
Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:06:23 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Zak

• Global Moderator
If there is some functionality that you would like then post it on the wishlist. If you really need it and there isnt a suitable work-around...
Further to this point, a lot of new users seem to find Musicbee and then immediately request changes so that things can work they way they're used to from other programs. If someone points out a work-around or an alternative way to achieve a given result, such requests should be de-prioritised in favour of the requester changing their workflow.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
i'll just add to this that some people send me personal messages requesting some feature. I really have no time for people who think they can jump the queue by contacting me personally and i just delete the message.