Author Topic: Google Music Playlist Sync  (Read 54505 times)

danprice85

danprice85

Hey Leo - - Ok. I updated to the latest v2.5 beta and it no longer crashes, which is great. It also now fetches my songs - equally great! However, 'Sync selected' remains greyed out even once I selected the playlists to sync... any ideas?! Allow less secure apps is enabled, and I've tried only doing non-nested playlists. Thanks for all your help.

leo_r

Such an obvious thing to miss! Sorry I didn't confirm my version earlier. I guess maybe the version of the API I used is not backwards compatible (and leads to crashes if you try!). I'll maybe build the next version with an earlier API to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks for trying so many things!

The "Sync selected" button *should* be enabled when the software has finished fetching all your songs and playlists from Google Music. Are there playlists shown in the Google Music playlists box on the right? Does it say "Playlists fetched!" on the top right hand side? The most likely scenario is that it's failed to fetch your songs/playlists properly and so has never completed that last step.

danprice85

Well, I didn't have any playlists in Google Music. I made one, with one song, and it work straight away - perhaps that's a requirement for the plugin to be able to complete the sync? All my local playlists have successfully synced though... Problem solved!!

Thanks mate, you've been a great help. Fingers crossed that Google don't jumble the API again anytime soon!!

Dan

leo_r

That would probably explain it. I'll update the software to work even if you have no google playlists.

No problem! I'm glad it's useful for someone else.

offtheleft

Hey Leo,

I'm on MusicBee 2.5.5524 and I'm having some issues getting this plugin to work. I can enable it just fine, but when I click configure, I see the following error message:

Google Music Sync (1.6.1)
Leo R****n
Sync your playlists to Google Play Music

I haven't been prompted to log in to Google Play, so I'm unsure where to proceed from here. Thank you for your work on this!!

gMusicPlaylistSync.log contained this:

Adding menu

Getting settings

Creating PlaylistSync object

Thanks!

leo_r

Try opening the plugin from the Tools menu instead. The later version (1.6) that I think you're using is accessed via the Tools menu - I haven't had a chance to update the instructions yet.

offtheleft

Well, almost perfect. I have my playlists syncing from MusicBee to Google Play, However, I can't seem to sync the other way, despite multiple attempts. Any thoughts on this? Is this something the plugin should be able to do?

leo_r

Hmm... Is there songs in the playlist you're trying to sync that are also in your Music Bee library? How many songs are in the playlist on Google music that you're trying to sync? Does an empty playlist with the correct name get created?

BenderClark

Hey ... this would be an AWESOME thing .... if it actually works.

I have tried the old version of MusicBee. I have tried the new version of MusicBee. I have two different versions of the plugins. I have tried both ways. MusicBee have always crashed when with Google Play plugin.

MusicBee works great with XBox feature tho.

I hope you may fix this issue. I would LOVE to use Google Music Unlimited with MusicBee.

Keep on trying !!!

leo_r

Hello!

Unfortunately because of the way this works it will never work with Google Music Unlimited. It can only create playlists with songs which appear in both music libraries already - ones which you have uploaded to Google music.

It seems that unless you are using the latest MusicBee beta it definitely crashes.

offtheleft

Hmm... Is there songs in the playlist you're trying to sync that are also in your Music Bee library? How many songs are in the playlist on Google music that you're trying to sync? Does an empty playlist with the correct name get created?

Sorry for not responding sooner, I stopped getting email notifications for some reason...

Anyway, to answer your questions. All songs in the playlists I'm attempting to sync are in my MusicBee library. I have a number of playlists I want to sync, but the largest one is nearly 1000 songs (973). There is no blank playlist created, it doesn't appear that anything happens. Sync still works from MusicBee to Google Play, but not the other way around.

leo_r

The forum always does that to me as well. I'll have a look this evening. It should, in theory, sync both ways...