Author Topic: Google Music Playlist Sync  (Read 54306 times)

danprice85

I'm afraid I get the never ending 'Fetching Remote Playlists' too - left it over night and it was still going in the morning...

Any ideas? I'm on MB 2.5.5470.

Cheers,

Dan

petpunk

Great plugin!!! Just what I need, thanks a lot.

danprice85

@petpunk ... Does it work for you? Did you do anything special? How long did it take to fetch your playlists?

leo_r

Sorry for the terrible delay in updating this thread.

This week I've updated the plugin and it appears to work fairly well at syncing playlists TO Google Music. Syncing from Google Music doesn't work at all - I think it may be an issue with the MusicBee API. I'll post an updated plugin once I've got that working again.

Leo

leo_r

I've now released the updated plugin, which will hopefully be more robust and work for more people. Please have a look at the first post of this thread (now edited) for more information. This includes working sync both ways.
Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:57:41 PM by leo_r

danprice85

danprice85

Hmmm, the mb_GoogleMusicSync file makes Musicbee crash on startup. I'm on version 2.5.5470.

Cheers.

leo_r

Hey! Thanks for testing it
 Is there any error message shown? I'll have a look at the code tonight see if I can work out what might be happening.

danprice85

Nope, just the standard Windows msg: "Musicbee has stopped working". Once I take the mb_GoogleMusicSync back out of plugins, it works fine.

Dan

leo_r

Hey! I've tweaked the error handling and added some logging so maybe we can figure out exactly where the problem is.

Can you first delete all traces of the plugin:

From the MusicBee\Plugins directory:
Delete mb_GoogleMusicSync and Newtonsoft.Json.dll and any other files with the same name (but different file extensions) - if there's anything that ends in .pdb, .dll, .xml or .config with either of those names, delete that.

From the C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee directory:
Delete gMusicPlaylistSync.Settings.xml and gmusicStream.Settings.xml if either exist

Then download version 1.6 from here:
https://github.com/leoedin/MBGmusicSync/blob/master/Plugin/mb_GoogleMusicSync_v1.6wLogging.zip?raw=true

Extract the 2 DLL files there into your MusicBee\Plugins directory

If MusicBee still fails to launch, the version I've linked above saves a log with some of the steps it's taking to C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\gMusicPlaylistSync.log.txt - post the contents of that (if it exists). If it doesn't exist, let me know.

I've changed the plugin to add a menu item under the Tools menu - look there to launch it.

Let me know how that goes!

Note: This version logs quite a few things to file, and the log will keep growing. If it works, check back for an updated non-logging version.

danprice85

Hi mate,

No joy I'm afraid. I followed all the steps exactly as you said, but it still crashed. No log file was created in the destination you listed...

Dan

leo_r

Hmmm... That's frustrating. I'm not able to reproduce it unfortunately, so it's pretty hard to identify the issue. I'll have another look this evening, but without more information I'm not really sure what I can do.

Do you have any other plugins installed? I guess there could be some sort of conflict between them? I think the crash is happening before any of my code is executed, which makes it hard to pin down the cause.

danprice85

Yeah I do - a lot, it's a bit out of control to be honest. I'll delete the lot and start again, see if it helps...

danprice85

Right, I deleted them all, put this one in by itself, but it still crashed. Shame, but I understand it might be a quirk of my system and nothing wrong at your end...

leo_r

Thanks for doing that! I'll have a look again this evening if I have time. Unfortunately I won't be able to look at this again for at least a week after that.